Crock Pot Chicken Thighs are tender and full of flavor with this simple sweet and spicy sauce and seasoning mixture. Delicious bone in chicken thighs are smothered with a blend of spices and garlic and covered in a mouthwatering sauce. It’s an easy family dinner everyone enjoys, so don’t expect any leftovers!
I love making dinner in my slow cooker. It is definitely one of the most used appliances sitting in my kitchen today. This slow cooker chicken thighs recipe is one of the most delicious dishes I have made and I can’t wait to share with you the recipe.
As always, we are excited you’re here and taking the time to check out our latest recipe. If you want to get down to the nitty-gritty, you can head down to the bottom of this page and print out the full recipe card with our instructions and notes.
The Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Recipe
This recipe is one of the best, mouthwatering, juicy chicken dishes there is. It’s packed full of flavors and has a little bit of an Asian blend to it. We smother the chicken in a soy sauce ketchup blend after dredging the chicken thighs in a blend of seasonings that is super easy and exceptionally pleasing.
Crockpot chicken thighs with bone are more tender and juicy and the meat will literally fall off the bone after cooking. The juices and flavors are different than chicken breast and I would recommend using bone in thighs versus boneless for this recipe.
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
This recipe is easily put together in just a few quick minutes. I gather all of my ingredients and can have this dish cooking in about 5 easy minutes. If you want to take things a step further, you could consider browning the chicken slightly in a skillet before lining them in the bottom of the Crock Pot. This will help seal in juices and flavors even more!
I find the sauce is really what makes your mouth water. It’s a sweet and spicy blend of soy sauce and ketchup that pairs perfectly with the blend of seasonings.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Chicken Thighs in the Crock Pot?
For this recipe, I make the sweet and spicy sauce mixture shown above and drizzle it over and around the seasoned chicken. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Bone in Chicken Thighs
- Soy Sauce
- Onion powder
- Fresh minced garlic
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds
How Do I Make Crock Pot Chicken Thighs?
This recipe comes together quickly and easily and is easily made for lunch or dinner. You can also brown the chicken slightly before placing it in the slow cooker.
- Prepare the Crock Pot and line the bottom of the slow cooker with chicken thighs.
- Top the chicken with onion powder, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the sauce mixture over and around the chicken thighs.
- Top the chicken with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and fresh parsley. Serve.
You can also add a step at the end to thicken up the sauce. Blend a little cornstarch and cold water and add it to the slow cooker for the last 30 minutes to help thicken the sauce for serving.
You can easily adjust the cooking time to work with your schedule. If you need this sooner than later, cooking on high won’t dry out the thighs. I worry about that with chicken breast, but not when I am working with bone in thighs.
You can find the full recipe with printable card at the bottom of this post. We also have all of our notes and suggestions added to the card. Make sure you leave a comment and let us know if you have any fun additions to make this recipe even better. I know our readers would love to see them, too.
Or, you can just leave a comment letting us know how much you loved this recipe :-).
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you like this recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy a few of these other recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (with oven version, too)
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
How to Serve Chicken Thighs
I love to serve this dish over a bed of rice and topped with fresh parsley leaves. You can also serve this over a mixture of quinoa and brown rice for a little healthier version.
In addition to the rice, I also recommend adding in a side salad and your favorite roasted vegetables to make this a full meal.
Thank you so much for stopping in and trying our recipe. We love to see what you make! If you make this recipe and are on Instagram, don’t forget to snap a picture and tag us @pinkwhenjen so we can see it. You can also click one of the social share buttons above and share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe card below!
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- 5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- salt and pepper as needed
- Prepare the Crock Pot and set the temperature to low (cook for 6 hours) or high (cook for 3 hours).
- Line the bottom of the Crock Pot with the chicken thighs.
- Add all of the seasonings together and sprinkle over the chicken thighs evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, and mix well. Pour over and around the chicken thighs.
- Add the lid and cook at your desired temperature and time.
- Serve hot with a side of fresh white rice and salad.
- Store any leftover chicken thighs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.