Make dinnertime less stressful and easier with this slow cooker whole chicken with rosemary recipe. You can feed the whole family with just 10 minutes of prep time. Not only that, but the mouthwatering rosemary scent will have your entire home smelling like an Italian bakery.
The Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe
This Slow Cooker Whole Chicken recipe is one of my favorite crockpot recipes to make. It’s a quick and easy preparation for an amazing meal the whole family will enjoy.
Not only that, but your house will smell amazing from the fragrant rosemary cooking all day.
What is Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Rosemary?
One of my favorite ways to cook a whole chicken is by roasting it in the oven. It takes a couple of hours but is well worth the time spent in the kitchen.
This slow cooker whole chicken is my go-to recipe when I don’t have those few extra hours at home in the kitchen. It’s an easy 10-minute prep and a full meal that’s complete when I return home from a busy day.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Whole Chicken?
The sky is the limit when it comes to serving side dishes for this recipe. You can make this meal as easy and as simple as possible. Consider these options for sides when making this recipe:
How to Make Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
This slow cooker whole chicken recipe is one of the easiest and best-tasting chicken recipes you can make. It only takes a few minutes and a few ingredients to prepare and then you just set it and let the slow cooker do what it does best.
Place balls of foil into the bottom of the slow cooker for the whole chicken to rest on while cooking. For maximum flavor, layer the bottom of the slow cooker with onion, lemon, and 1/2 cup of water.
How long do I cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker?
Once you have basted and seasoned the chicken, cook on low for 7-8 hours for best results. You can also cook this recipe on high for 4-5 hours if you need dinner on the table faster.
What to do with leftovers of Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
We love making this slow cooker whole chicken recipe because it is so easy and very versatile. Consider using your leftover chicken for:
How to Store Leftover Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
If you don’t plan on using the remaining chicken in additional recipes, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
There are so many things to love about this recipe. If you are looking for a quick and easy meal for a busy weeknight, this is perfect. Just taking a few minutes in the morning will leave you with an amazing dinner later in the day.
If you enjoyed this Slow Cooker Whole Chicken recipe, you might also like these:
- How to Make the Perfect Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Crock Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
If you are struggling with what to make for dinner during the week and it’s causing you unwanted stress, consider learning how to meal plan with this Simple Guide to Meal Planning + 3 Free Printables.
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Rosemary
- 1 medium onion halved
- 2 large lemons quartered
- 1 bunch rosemary halved
- 1 4.5lb chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- Combine all seasonings in a small bowl, reserving half of the rosemary.
- Baste the chicken with unsalted butter and olive oil and then cover with seasonings.
- Add half of the onion, lemons, and rosemary to the inner cavity of the chicken.
- Roll up three small lemon-sized balls of foil and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place half of lemons and onion with water into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add remaining rosemary to the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- Keep this meal healthy by serving the chicken with salad or garlic flavored cauliflower rice.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.