I am a sucker for a good pancake, and even more so when it’s nutritious. This simple protein pancakes recipe is so delicious and super easy to make. It’s almost like dessert but for breakfast. You just need a few ingredients, a good blender, and a hot skillet! Check out the video of this recipe below.
The Best Protein Pancakes Recipe
It’s no secret that I like to share yummy recipes and delicious desserts, but I also like to share nutritious recipes as well. I know a good lifestyle is one that is built upon moderation and good food choices with good recipes.
If you are looking to add a little more protein to your diet, you’re going to love this protein pancakes recipe.
What are Protein Pancakes?
Protein pancakes are a lot healthier than your average pancakes recipe. No flour or scoops of sugar involved. They are made with healthy banana, greek yogurt, protein powder, your favorite fruits, and more.
The best part? You are gaining healthy protein without sacrificing the flavor of a delicious pancake!
How to Make Protein Pancakes
There are several ways to make protein pancakes, but this is one of my favorite ways. They turn out DELICIOUS and taste like a dessert, You won’t believe how easy these are to make. In fact, you can watch my full video tutorial below and see just how easy they are to make.
I’ve made several different pancake recipes over the years, but this is by far one of my favorites. These protein powder pancakes will add some extra flavors to an already amazing recipe.
Classic Serving Options for Protein Pancakes
- topped with fruit
- chocolate chips
- almond butter
How to Make Banana Protein Pancakes
Here is a list of ingredients that you will need for this banana based protein pancake recipe.
- 1 scoop Premier Protein powder
- almond milk
- quick oats
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt
- For toppings, 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, sliced banana, chocolate chips, or blueberries
Grab all of your ingredients along with the protein powder and place them into a blender.
I like to use Premier Protein because it is 100% Whey Powder with a great nutritional profile: each scoop contains 30g of protein, 180 calories and 3g of sugar.
Set the blender for a one minute blend to get all of the ingredients mixed well together.
Once everything is blended well, set aside and allow the protein powder pancakes mixture thicken over 2-3 minutes.
Heat the skillet, and make sure to let the skillet get very hot before pouring the batter.
Once the skillet is hot, start pouring small to medium sized pancakes. Don’t flip the pancakes until the batter has started forming small bubbles on the edges, and the edges start to turn a light golden brown. This should take approximately 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Flip the pancakes over and allow them to cook thoroughly on the other side.
After all of the pancakes are finished, top with your favorite toppings and a little maple syrup.
This recipe will make 10 pancakes, so you can serve 5 people 2 pancakes each!
Can Protein Pancakes Help You Lose Weight?
The simple answer is yes. The protein may help boost your metabolism, which helps you burn calories. Those calories, once added up, may help you lose weight.
How Do I Store Protein Pancakes?
You can make these protein pancakes and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I love to make large batches of these pancakes and eat them throughout the week.
Are Protein Pancakes Healthy?
These high protein pancakes are a healthy version of your regular pancake recipe. They are made WITHOUT flour or added sugar, and instead use quick oats, banana, and greek yogurt.
We have tons of ideas to help you get breakfast made and how to get your day started off on the right foot. If you are looking for other breakfast ideas, consider these:
- Whole 30 Breakfast Ideas
- scrambled breakfast muffins
- blackberry granola smoothie bowl
- blueberry almond crescent rolls
What is your favorite way to grab a little extra protein in your diet?
Premier Protein powder provides that extra protein your body needs to fuel lean muscle and to burn fat. Not only that, but it blends easily and doesn’t leave a chalky taste like some other brands. Blend it, mix it, or bake it!
Don’t forget to give us 5 stars in the comments below if you love this Protein Pancakes Recipe as much as we do.
Simple Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup Premier Protein
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Grab all of your ingredients and the Premier Protein powder and place them into a blender. Set the blender for a one minute blend to get all of the ingredients mixed well together.
- Once everything is blended well, set aside and allow the protein powder pancakes mixture thicken.
- Heat the skillet, and make sure to let the skillet get very hot before pouring the batter.
- Once the skillet is hot, start pouring small sized pancakes. Don't flip the pancakes until the batter has started forming small bubbles on the edges, and the edges start to turn a light golden brown. This should take approximately 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes over and allow them to cook thoroughly on the other side.
- After all of the pancakes are finished, top with your favorite toppings and a little maple syrup.
- Don't want to serve with fruit? Serve with chocolate chips or top with almond butter.
- Make a large batch and store them in the refrigerator in a sealed storage bag for up to 3 days.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.