Everyone loves nachos with chicken, but skillet nachos with chicken and steak are even better! This simple recipe will take Taco Tuesday to a whole new level. Read more to find out just how easy it is to make these simple fajita nachos.
Easy Nachos with Chicken and Steak
If you love chips and dips as much as I do, you will love how easy it is to make these nachos. I am such a HUGE fan of these skillet fajita nachos, and as soon as you try these you will be, too.
I love to make these as an appetizer when I’m in a group setting but will make these a meal for myself sometimes as well.
It’s my favorite fajita nachos recipe because it is just SO EASY, and the whole family agrees. You are going to LOVE them, and the kids can’t get enough of them, either.
What can I serve with nachos?
There are many options when it comes to sides. You should consider:
- refried beans
- spanish rice
How do I make nachos with chicken and steak in the skillet?
I enjoy this recipe because of the time and simplicity. It’s quick, easy, and filling!
Step 1: Heat oven to 275. Layer the bottom of the skillet with tortilla chips.
Step 2: Soften the butter in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds. Add sour cream to the butter and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
Step 3: Place the beef and chicken fajita meat on top of the nachos. Use a spoon to drizzle the butter and sour cream mixture over the tortilla chips.
Step 4. Cover with cheese and place in the oven for 10 minutes until melted. Serve immediately.
This is such a simple and easy dish. It’s a great appetizer or side dish to serve with a little:
- homemade guacamole
- filet mignon steak tacos
- fire roasted salsa
Do you love making quick and easy recipes as much as I do? If so, consider joining our newsletter subscribers. We will send out one of our favorite recipes once a week, and the occasional newsletter. Sign up below!
Skillet Fajita Nachos with Chicken and Steak
- tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp soup cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- chicken and steak fajita meat fully cooked
- Heat oven to 275. Layer the bottom of the skillet with tortilla chips.
- In a small bowl, soften the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir until fully melted.
- In a small bowl, soften the sour cream in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Place the chicken and steak fajita meat onto the nachos. Carefully drizzle the butter and sour cream over the nachos and meat.
- Cover with cheese and place in heated oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Consider adding additional toppings such as guacamole, salsa, and more.
- This recipe is quick and easy if you use pre-made chicken and steak fajita meats.
- Dip the nachos in your favorite salsa.
My hand is raised. I’m a huge chips and dips and nachos fan.
If you could see my shopping list, you would laugh. Chips and dips and nachos ingredients.
Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy says
Chips & dips are my FAVE!! I love how quick and easy this recipe is – pinned to my dinner ideas board! Can’t wait to try it!
this looks so good! I love anything mexican and with chicken and cheese.
Roni Oliveira says
Just a question…why the butter in the sour cream?
It’s a preference for me to melt them together and then spread it over the nachos evenly and easily. You don’t have to do it that way, but that’s how I like to do it. 🙂
Kristin S says
Tried this tonight! It was great except the butter exploded in the microwave after I added the sour cream. My hubby didn’t like the chips because they seemed soggy but it was delish! We add some fire roasted corn. 🙂
Oh no, butter explosions are NO FUN! 😉 I am glad you liked it!