This homemade vanilla bundt cake recipe is filled with delicious Hershey’s chocolate for a delectable mouthwatering treat. Our easy step by step instructions walk you through to the end and we even share some of our tips and tricks for making the best bundt cake.
Homemade Vanilla Bundt Cake Recipe with Hershey’s Filling
I’ve made this bundt cake numerous times and every single time it turns out amazing.
This homemade bundt cake recipe is personally one of my FAVORITES. It’s perfect for those days you want a little sweet treat that’s chocolatey but not too overpowering or rich. It has the perfect balance of vanilla and chocolate!
How to Make a Homemade Bundt Cake
I love to bake for the holidays and I never need an excuse to make a dreamy dessert such as this bundt cake. This homemade cake is actually easier to make than you might think. If you like to bake, you probably have most of the ingredients already on hand.
One thing to keep in mind when you’re making the frosting for this chocolate bundt cake is you need to add milk slowly! It’s a little known secret, but it works every single time.
I like frosting that is not too thick or too thin, but I know many others who just LOVE thick frosting. Add the milk slowly to get that perfect consistency that you love.
What ingredients do I need for a bundt cake
The chocolatey center of this bundt cake recipe is so good, but it’s even better on the cake. We have all of the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients for Vanilla Bundt Cake
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
For the bundt cake frosting you will need:
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
Steps to Make a Bundt Cake
This bundt cake recipe is rather easy, there are just a few tips to follow to make this super moist and allow it to come together perfectly.
1. Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy. Slowly add the eggs and beat well.
2. In a separate bowl, add the baking soda, flour, and salt. Add this flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly, alternating with the buttermilk.
*TIP Make sure you alternate and add the buttermilk slowly. Beat until well combined.
3. In a small bowl mix 2 cups butter, chocolate syrup, the remaining baking soda and set aside.
4. Pour the vanilla batter into the bundt pan followed by the chocolate batter directly on top. Do not mix them together.
5. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
How to Make Bundt Cake Frosting
The frosting for this bundt cake recipe is AMAZING and adds so much flavor. It’s easy to make and a step you definitely need to take.
1. In a small bowl add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and milk.
TIP: Add the milk one teaspoon at a time to reach the desired consistency.
2. Once the cake is completely cooled, drizzle the top with frosting.
How to Serve Bundt Cake
This bundt cake recipe can be served all on its own, or with a few additions. If you want to change things up, consider these different serving options:
- Add sliced fruit toppings such as strawberries before serving
- Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream
- Serve warm with a topping of mixed bananas and cinnamon
You are seriously going to LOVE this bundt cake recipe. It’s one of our favorites and I can’t wait to hear what you think of it after you make it for the first time.
How to Store Bundt Cake
Once you’ve made the cake you can easily store it for freshness. Here are a couple of options:
- Store at room temperature for 2 days in an airtight container out of direct sunlight
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week in a sealed airtight container
I hope you enjoy this delicious bundt cake recipe as much as we do at our house. You might also like to consider these other dessert recipes:
This cake is so sweet, chocolatey, moist and delicious. Let me know how your chocolate-filled bundt cake turns out.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you made these! We love your feedback, as it helps us decide what to create next. If you want to see more recipes like this, make sure to RATE this recipe!
Hershey Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3-6 teaspoons milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy. Slowly add the eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 cups of batter, the chocolate syrup, and the remaining baking soda and set aside.
- Pour the plain batter into the bundt pan, followed by the chocolate batter directly on top. Do not mix them together.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan to cool on a cooling rack.
- Mix together all the frosting ingredients, slowly adding the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Once the cake has cooled, frost the cake as desired and serve. Enjoy
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.