This easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole is one of my favorite one dish meals. Just wait until you try your first bite…That creamy texture and taste of parmesan will have you lining up to get your serving! Pair this up with an Italian Chicken Pasta Salad and you’ll have quite the feast!
There’s one thing that is for certain about this chicken parmesan casserole recipe. (Okay, maybe more than that…but you get my point) You’re not going to find a casserole recipe more simple than this.
If you’re looking for a simple weeknight meal that will feed your hunger and fuel your body, this baked chicken parmesan casserole is what you need to make.
ONE-POT CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
Can we just all agree that making meals in one simple pot is the way that cooking should be? I’m over washing 20 dishes to make a meal that we devour in less than 20 minutes. Anyone else?
Once you make the realization that easy dinner recipes exist, your life is never going to be the same.
CAN YOU USE FLOUR NOODLES INSTEAD OF EGG NOODLES FOR THIS RECIPE?
You can! We like to use egg noodles in our house because they’re so simple and aren’t chocked full of a ton of ingredients but you can easily use whatever type of noodles you have at home. No reason to make a special trip to the store if you don’t have to.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE?
Marinara sauce (I like to use Arrabiatta for the extra flavor!)
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Shredded mozzarella cheese – More cheese makes everything better!
Shredded parmesan cheese – You can also use fresh parmesan cheese but this is easier to use.
Italian breadcrumbs – Regular bread crumbs would work as well.
HOW DO I MAKE BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE?
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Add chicken to a medium-sized bowl and top with breadcrumbs.
Mix well. In a separate bowl, add noodles, sauce, and water. Mix well.
Spread noodles evenly into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with chicken.
Cover tightly with foil and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and carefully stir the mixture well.
Top with cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes.
OPTIONAL: Turn the broiler on HIGH and carefully watch and allow the cheese to brown as desired.
Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
WHAT SIDE DISHES GO WELL WITH CASSEROLE?
Sometimes, it’s hard to think about pairing anything up with a casserole dish because it feels like such a complete meal already. But keep in mind that you can easily pair up a salad or any type of steamed veggies as a simple and delicious addition without worry.
I hope that you love this simple casserole recipe and it becomes a staple in your household. We’re pretty crazy about it because it’s just that good.
Make certain to check out some of our other favorite chicken recipes, too!
We hope you love this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a rating, if possible. This lets us know what you really think and allows us to keep making recipes that we hope you’ll continue to love and enjoy.
One Pot Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add chicken to a medium sized bowl and top with breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add noodles, sauce, and water. Mix well.
- Spread noodles evenly into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with chicken. Cover tightly with foil and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and carefully stir mixture well. Top with cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Turn the broiler on HIGH and carefully watch and allow the cheese to brown as desired. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Broil on high and watch it with an eagle eye to get the perfect light to medium brown topped cheese.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.