This easy chicken pot pie is made with Rotisserie chicken, mixed vegetables and a double pie crust. You won’t want to put the fork down once you take a bite of this delicious pot pie.
It’s the perfect easy recipe to double and freeze the leftovers for later, and destined to be a new family favorite!
It’s easy to go and grab a little chicken pot pie from your local grocer’s freezer section. While those are good, they don’t have anything on a delicious homemade pot pie.
My favorite part about this recipe is that it’s easier than you might think. You can have the pie filling ready in just 20 minutes and then baked in only 30 minutes.
If you love homemade comfort food, this is going to be a new favorite, guaranteed!
What Ingredients Are In Chicken Pot Pie?
- salted butter
- all-purpose flour
- green beans
- mixed frozen vegetables
- Italian seasoning
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- celery seed
- cooked shredded chicken
- chicken broth
How Do You Make Chicken Pot Pie?
- Melt butter in a large pot. Sauté onion and celery until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add flour and seasonings and stir until mixed.
- Slowly add milk and chicken broth, allowing the mixture to thicken.
- Stir in chicken and remaining vegetables.
- Pour mixture into 2 frozen pie crusts.
- Top with second pie crusts, cutting slits to vent.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, and cover with foil for the remaining cook time.
You can easily substitute the Rotisserie chicken with your favorite chicken. Any type of shredded chicken, whether dark or white meat, would be a good substitute.
Yes! The best part about this recipe is that it is already doubled and will make 2 full-sized pot pies. You can easily store these premade pot pies in the freezer for up to 4 months. To reheat, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
You can use freshly chopped vegetables in place of the mixed frozen vegetables. Consider adding variations such as omitting the peas and adding in corn. There are so many variations that can be made.
You can also consider changing up the meats! This is the perfect base recipe for chicken, turkey, and even ham.
Are you looking for more delicious dinner recipes? You might also like:
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Easy Ranch Chicken Burgers
- Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
We love chicken recipes, they’re our favorite. We hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as we do. Make sure to leave us a comment and rate this recipe.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 4 cups chicken chopped/diced
- 2 9" pie crusts
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup butter
- 15 oz grenn beans
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 small bag mixed peas and carrots frozen
- 1/2 tbsp italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan. Sauté onion and celery until cooked, about 6-8 minutes
- Stir in flour and seasonings and mix well.
- Pour the milk and chicken broth slowly, allowing the mixture to thicken.
- Add chicken and vegetables, mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie crusts. Cover with pie crust, cutting slits to vent.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covering after 20 minutes, or when pie crust top is golden brown.
Leave a Reply