These tart and fruity limeade triple berry smoothies are the perfect treats! Made with fresh or frozen mixed berries, a banana, limeade, almond milk, and more. It’s the perfect healthy treat, and just as addictive as our peanut butter banana smoothie.
Happy glorious and amazing Friday, PinkWhen readers! Justine from Cooking and Beer here to try to get all healthy on you. I don’t know how many of you know this already, but this here food blogger business is all about keeping up with the trends, and we follow trends just like the rest of the world. Last month we were stuffing our faces full of cookies, cakes, and sugarplums.
Apart from us devouring appetizers because it is the beginning of the end of football season, the month of January is all about getting fit, staying healthy, and sticking to those New Year’s resolutions. I hate it just as much as you do. Don’t worry. 😉 Today I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to morning smoothies. I make these limeade triple berry smoothies all the time, and I hope that you guys find them just as addicting as I do!
Over on Cooking and Beer this week, I’m keeping it super simple, delicious, and healthy. It’s smoothie week, and I’m carrying the tradition right on over to you lovely PinkWhen readers! It’s very easy to make a boring smoothie, but it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s all about being creative and diverse with your ingredients.
Limeade Triple Berry Smoothies
From matcha to ground flax seed and Greek yogurt to chia seeds, the sky is the limit on what you can throw into your smoothie. Sometimes it’s fun to keep things tart and fruity like this triple berry limeade smoothie, and other times chocolate and peanut butter are the stars! No, smoothies do not have to be boring!
How to Make Triple Berry Smoothies
These triple berry limeade smoothies highlight some of my favorite ingredients. I am seriously OBSESSED with limeade. I drink the stuff ALL summer, and I love it in my smoothies. It really gives it an extra tart and acidic note that you wouldn’t normally find in your everyday smoothie.
While limeade is definitely the star, a mixture of my favorite berries, vanilla Greek yogurt, almond milk, banana, and ground flax seed make up the bulk of this berry smoothie recipe. These are some ingredients that I always think the foodie should have on hand, especially for my smoothie lovers out there.
If you love this berry smoothie as much as we do, you might also enjoy our other favorite smoothies:
Recipe for these triple berry limeade smoothies is below!
Triple Berry Limeade Smoothies
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries I used a blackberry, strawberry, raspberry blend
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup limeade more as needed
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Add all of the ingredients to the pitcher of your blender. Pulse 3-4 times to break up the ingredients and then turn the blender on full speed. Blend for about a minute or until completely smooth. This amount of time will depend on how powerful your blender is. It may take longer (or shorter!).
- Add more liquid as needed. This will also depend on how much water your fruit releases. If it’s too thick, add more almond milk or limeade until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve the smoothies immediately or pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.
I hope you guys add this berry smoothie to your New Year’s resolution recipe list and find it just as delicious as I do! I know that I will be adding it to my weekly routine. Have a great weekend! xo