These crispy, crunchy, delicious baked pasta chips are the perfect combination of everything you love about finger food! Drain and toss cooked pasta with olive oil, yummy parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning before air-frying until crisp. These pasta chips will quickly become one of your favorite snacks. Serve your chips with an array of dips, and you’ve got yourself a crowd-pleaser.
I’d never considered cooking pasta into chips before it became popular on TikTok. I’m a pasta lover, so I had to try it.
Air-fried pasta has an amazing taste that’s both unique and oddly satisfying. Making air fryer pasta chips is so simple, and there isn’t much clean-up required. All you need is pasta, oil, parmesan, and your favorite seasoning.
Whether you’re looking for a new appetizer to make for your next get-together or just want a snack to have at home, air fryer pasta chips are the perfect solution!
Why You’ll Love These Pasta Chips In The Air Fryer
- Crispy, crunchy, and delicious.
- Great as an appetizer or a yummy snack
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Kid-friendly! Even the pickiest eaters will love these air fryer pasta chips.
What You Need To Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Pasta (I use bowtie pasta)
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional garnish)
- Large pot
- Air Fryer
- Medium mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Serving dish
How to Make Pasta Chips In The Air Fryer
Step 1. Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package. You want to just cook to al dente.
Step 2. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and coat the air fryer basket with a non-stick spray.
Step 3. Place the cooked, drained pasta in a medium size mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and gently stir making sure that every noodle has a nice coating of oil.
Step 5. Add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to the pasta and stir until well combined.
Step 6. Add your pasta in a single layer to the bottom of your air fryer basket.
Step 7. Cook the pasta for 5 minutes initially, you’ll want to flip the noodles with a spatula or you can use a pair of tongs. Pop the basket back into the air fryer for 2-3 more minutes. Remove the pasta from the basket and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
Step 8. Continue this process until you’ve got the desired amount of chips.
Step 9. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as marinara or spinach artichoke dip!
Let pasta chips cool to room temperature before storing. Once pasta chips are cool, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If pasta chips become a little soggy after storage, simply pop them back in the air fryer for 2-3 mins to crisp them back up.
Tips For Making The BEST Air Fried Pasta Chips
- Make sure not to fully cook the pasta because the pasta will continue to cook in the air fryer.
- Do not overfill the air fryer basket. Overfilling will result in unevenly cooked pasta.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook pasta in batches to avoid overcrowding.
What To Serve/Pair With Air Fryer Pasta Chips
If you are looking for more crowd-pleasing snacks in the air fryer, try some of these!
- Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans
- Naked Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Turkey Meatballs
Air Fryer Pasta Chips With Parm & Italian Seasoning FAQs
Do I have to boil the pasta first?
Yes, it is necessary to cook the pasta before air frying. To prepare for air frying, cook the pasta until al dente. Pasta that is “al dente” should have a firm yet delicate bite to it.
Can I make these without parmesan?
Of Course! The choices are endless, so feel free to substitute the parmesan with whatever you like and modify these pasta chips to your liking. Simply combine dried spices in a bowl and then add the olive oil before proceeding with the recipe as directed.
Can I use my oven instead of the air fryer for this recipe?
Yes! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pasta should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes. To avoid burning, turn the pasta halfway through cooking. Although not as crispy as they would in an air fryer, they will taste great nonetheless.
What is the best shaped pasta to use for pasta chips?
You’ll want pasta that is decent in size and easy to pick up, like potato chips. I typically prefer bowtie pasta, but penne and rigatoni are wonderful alternatives as well.
Can this recipe be gluten-free?
Absolutely! Use gluten-free pasta, and double-check labels on any seasonings and this recipe can easily be gluten-free.
Can I make air fryer pasta chips ahead?
Yes! Because pasta chips don’t need to be eaten warm, they are perfect to make ahead of time.
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! I love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Air Fryer Pasta Chips With Parm & Italian Seasoning!
- 12 ounces pasta bow tie pasta or your favorite
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped, fresh, for garnish
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package. You want to just cook to al dente.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and coat the air fryer basket with a non-stick spray.
- Place the cooked, drained pasta in a medium size mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and gently stir making sure that every noodle has a nice coating of oil.
- Add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to the pasta and stir until well combined.
- Add your pasta in a single layer to the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Cook the pasta for 5 minutes initially, you’ll want to flip the noodles with a spatula or you can use a pair of tongs. Pop the basket back into the air fryer for 2-3 more minutes. Remove the pasta from the basket and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Continue this process until you’ve got the desired amount of chips.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as marinara or spinach artichoke dip!
Leave a Reply