This Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta is one of my favorite recipes made in the pressure cooker. Inspired by our Instant Pot Crack Chicken recipe, this one is made with shredded chicken, ranch seasoning, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, milk, bacon, and more. This is the perfect creamy quick dinner recipe the whole family is sure to enjoy.
EASY CRACK CHICKEN PASTA
We love to use our pressure cooker and this Instant Pot Crack Chicken keto recipe is one of the best. Pressure cooking has become one of the quickest ways to make dinner, and I have yet to have anything I didn’t love.
We love to make easy pasta recipes for dinner and this chicken and cream cheese recipe is no exception. It also makes the yummiest leftovers. Plus with my busy schedule, I’m always up for an easy dinner. How about you?
One of the best parts about crack chicken pasta is the time it takes to prep. In just a few minutes you’re ready to add everything to the Instant Pot and have dinner just a short time later. This recipe comes together fast, so make sure you have all of your ingredients together before starting.
If you are looking for a keto friendly version of this recipe, check out the options for keto friendly pasta in your local grocery store.
Join our Instant Pot Facebook group for more recipes, and click here to download our beginner’s Instant Pot Cheatsheet.
Make a note that this recipe is a manual release. Allowing this recipe to do a natural release would create a different texture with the pasta. The quick-release is the best option for the best tasting pasta.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN PASTA
To make this crack chicken recipe in the pressure cooker you’ll need to have a few things on hand. Make sure you have all of your ingredients cubed and measured out before starting this easy weeknight dinner with minimal prep time.
- 1 lb cubed boneless skinless chicken breast (or use Rotisserie Chicken)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pasta (penne pasta or farfalle pasta)
- Ranch seasoning or Ranch dressing
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 cups Water
- To get started, heat the pressure cooker on Sauté mode. Add olive oil and then cook chicken until the meat is white on the outside.
- Add the ranch dressing mix or seasoning mix and cayenne pepper to the chicken and coat well.
- Turn off the Sauté mode and add the pasta and water and stir well. Add the diced cream cheese. DO NOT STIR.
- Secure the lid into place and set the vent to seel. The manual cooking time should be set for 4 minutes.
- After the recipe has cooked on high for 4 minutes, carefully perform a manual quick release and remove the lid once the pressure is released and the pin has dropped.
- Stir the contents well while adding the milk, cheese, and crumbled bacon.
You can scroll down to the bottom of this post and find the full printable recipe card and some extra tips with notes. If you have any questions I haven’t answered yet, leave me a comment and I would be happy to do so. I also created a quick video so you can see just how easy this Instant Pot recipe is to make.
CRACK CHICKEN PASTA TOPPINGS
There are several different options of toppings for this pasta if you want to add even more flavor. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sour cream, diced bacon, and green onions
- Green chilis
- Diced Jalapeños
- Hot sauce
HOW DO I STORE INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN PASTA
To store this recipe you want to save any leftovers in an airtight container. You can then store this recipe for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze this recipe in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw and reheat in a casserole dish in the oven or over the stovetop on a medium-low heat setting.
HOW DO I MAKE CRACK CHICKEN PASTA IN THE SLOW COOKER
To make slow cooker crack chicken you need to make a few modifications. We have those listed below for easy reference.
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Cover the chicken in ranch dressing and cayenne pepper.
- Add ¼ cup of chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 2 ½-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Place the chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Add the diced cream cheese, milk, cheddar cheese, diced bacon, and cooked pasta
- Stir well.
- Allow to cook an additional 15 minutes on low heat to thicken up the pasta before serving.
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LOVE
If you love recipes like this, you might also enjoy:
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Crack Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Let me know if you get a chance to try this recipe! You can leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @pinkwhenjen so I can see what you’re making. I love to see others share the recipes that I love to make and share with you.
Before you go, I would also love it if you would rate this recipe in the card below. It lets others know how good the recipe really is, and lets me know what I should continue to make and share with you. Not only that, but I love comments because of added suggestions I may not have thought of. So feel free to leave those as well.
Thanks again for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy this creamy Crack Chicken Instant Pot recipe as much as we do.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 16 oz pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- 2 cups cheddar and monterrey Jack cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the Sauté function. Add olive oil and chicken breast and sauté for 2 minutes until the chicken is white on the outside.
- Add the ranch seasoning and the cayenne pepper and season the chicken well.
- Turn off the Sauté function and add the pasta, water, and add the diced cream cheese to the top. Do not mix. Cover securely with the lid locked into place. Set the vent to seal.
- Manual cook for 4 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the cooker to come to full pressure. Once finished, initiate a manual release and remove the lid once pressure is released and the pin has dropped.
- Stir the contents well. Add milk and add cheese. Stir well. Add crumbled bacon, stir, and then serve.
CROCKPOT FREEZER MEAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Add the chicken and ranch seasoning with chicken broth to a freezer safe airtight sealable bag. Do not add the pasta, shredded cheese, bacon, or cream cheese. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To cook: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Add the bag of ingredients to the Crock Pot, Cook on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Add diced cream cheese, milk, cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup cooked bacon, and cooked pasta. Stir well. Allow to cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Do not add the milk until after the chicken has cooked and come to pressure.
- Bake the bacon in the oven for 20 minutes on 400 degrees while the Instant Pot is coming to pressure and cooking.
- If 3 cups of water doesn’t fully cover the pasta, add a little more until the pasta is fully covered before adding the cream cheese and securing the lid.
- When adding the pasta and water, it’s ok to stir and mix well. When adding the cream cheese, keep the cheese at the top. DO NOT MIX.
- After the Manual cook has finished, perform a manual release. Use a wooden spoon or other utensil to open the vent to keep the steam away from your hands.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Spice things up a bit by adding green onions, green chilis, or diced jalapeños.