This grilled stuffed chicken breast is chock full of smokey cream cheese flavor. In fact, the flavors are so amazing together, you won’t believe the relatively few ingredients that are needed to make this the best stuffed chicken breast recipe you have ever tasted.
Looking for more? You might also enjoy this Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast.
One of the best things about owning a grill is all of the delicious recipes we get to create and make on it. We have had our Big Green Egg convection grill for a little over 4 years now and I can’t tell you how much time we spend on it.
Cream Cheese and Onion Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
We love to grill chicken on our Big Green Egg, and have start to become grill snobs. We can seriously tell when something has or has not been grilled on a convection grill. It really does make that big of a difference! The flavors and moisture that remain in the chicken are second to none.
That brings me to this recipe. It is chock full of smokey cream cheese and onion flavor and is one of our new favorite recipes.
How to make stuffed chicken breast
In this simple recipe, we only use a handful of ingredients. Our go-to favorite poultry seasoning, a package of cream cheese, and green onions. That’s it! It really can’t be much simpler than this. And if you pre-make your chicken seasoning you won’t have to spend any time on that.
To get started, wash and pat dry your chicken breasts. Cut the chicken breast open (but not all the way through.) Add in the chopped onions and cream cheese and then firmly press the breast back together.
I then take a little of my favorite olive oil-based cooking spray and spray the chicken. It helps keep the seasonings on and keep the chicken moist. After I spray the chicken, I then sprinkle it with the seasonings.
How to grill stuffed chicken breast
Grilling a stuffed chicken breast that has cream cheese in it can get a little messy, but that’s ok! The flavors and the food are all worth it in the end.
Once my grill is set to 350, I place the chicken on the grill and shut the lid. I allow it to cook a full minute on one side and then flip to the other side for one minute. After that, I flip the chicken back over to cook for 10 minutes on each side. The total cook time in the grill is about 20 minutes.
Once you are sure the chicken is fully cooked, remove the stuffed chicken breast from the grill and serve with your favorite sides. I love these grilled sweet potatoes and you can even add them to the grill while cooking the chicken.
These Smokey Grilled Cream Cheese and Onion Stuffed Chicken Breasts will make your mouth sing. It’s our newest favorite recipe to make on the grill. What are you favorite grilling recipes? Share them below!
If you liked this recipe, you might also like this grilled beer butt chicken recipe.
If you love a good crockpot chicken, this taco chicken is also AMAZING and a family favorite.
And if you want to learn how to grill chicken breast without losing flavor or juices, check out our article on how to make the best grilled chicken.
Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp poultry seasoning
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- green onions
- olive oil based cooking spray
Grilling Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- Wash and Pat dry chicken breast.
- Cut chicken lengthwise, careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff chicken breast with cream cheese and onion.
- Firmly press the chicken breast closed.
- Spray chicken with olive oil based cooking spray.
- Rub chicken breast with your favorite chicken seasonings.
- Grill until chicken is fully cooked. Generally around 22 minutes with a consistent heat of 350 degrees, and an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve immediately.
Oven Roasting Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff chicken breast using the above instructions.
- Bake in the oven on the center rack for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Consider spraying the outside of your chicken with a non-stick olive oil based cooking spray to keep the chicken moist and prevent dryness from the hot temperatures of the grill.
- Always make sure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
Avery Debelak says