I love a good chicken recipe, but a stuffed chicken breast is taking it to the next level. These grilled cream cheese and onion stuffed chicken breasts are chock full of flavor. The flavors are so amazing together, you won’t believe the relatively few ingredients that are needed to make this the best-stuffed chicken breast recipe you have ever tasted. Are you ready for a mouthwatering cheesy chicken explosion?
The Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
We love to grill chicken on our Big Green Egg and have become (for lack of a better phrase) grill snobs. We can seriously tell when something has or hasn’t been grilled on a convection grill. It really does make that big of a difference! The flavors and moisture that remain in the chicken are second to none.
That’s why I am sharing this recipe with you. It’s chock full of mouthwatering smokey, melted cream cheese and onion, and is one of our new favorite grilled chicken recipes.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breast
In this simple recipe, we only use a handful of ingredients. Our go-to favorite chicken seasoning, a package of cream cheese, and green onions. That’s it! It really can’t be much simpler than this. And if you pre-make your chicken seasoning you won’t have to spend any time on that.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Instructions:
- Wash and dry your chicken breasts.
- Cut the chicken breast open in the center (but not all the way through.)
- Add in the chopped onions and cream cheese and then firmly press the breast back together.
- Use an olive oil based cooking spray and spray the chicken. It helps keep the seasonings on and keep the chicken moist.
- Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with seasoning.
I love to grill these stuffed chicken breasts, but you can also bake them in the oven and roast them. I will share those instructions in the recipe card below.
How to Grill Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Grilling a stuffed chicken breast that has cream cheese in it can get a little messy, but that’s ok! The flavors and the food are all worth it in the end.
Once my grill is heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, I will place the chicken on the grill and shut the lid. I will then allow it to cook a full minute on one side and then flip to the other side for one full minute.
After the last minute, I then flip the chicken back over to cook for 10 minutes on each side. Total cook time in the grill is about 22 minutes.
Once you are sure the chicken is fully cooked, remove the stuffed chicken breast from the grill and serve with your favorite sides. I love these grilled sweet potatoes and you can even add them to the grill while cooking the chicken.
These Smokey Grilled Cream Cheese and Onion Stuffed Chicken Breasts will make your mouth sing. It’s our newest favorite recipe to make on the grill. What are your favorite grilling recipes?
We love to make and share recipes with you, so let us know if you are looking for something and you haven’t found it yet on this site.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like these other chicken recipes:
- grilled beer butt chicken recipe
- copycat KFC Chicken recipe
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- Perfect Grilled Chicken
We hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp chicken seasoning
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- green onions
- olive oil based cooking spray
Grilling Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- Wash and Pat dry chicken breast.
- Cut chicken lengthwise, careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff chicken breast with cream cheese and onion.
- Firmly press the chicken breast closed.
- Spray chicken with olive oil based cooking spray.
- Rub chicken breast with your favorite chicken seasonings.
- Grill until chicken is fully cooked. Generally around 22 minutes with a consistent heat of 350 degrees, and an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve immediately.
Oven Roasting Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff chicken breast using the above instructions.
- Bake in the oven on the center rack for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Consider spraying the outside of your chicken with a non-stick olive oil based cooking spray to keep the chicken moist and prevent dryness from the hot temperatures of the grill.
- Always make sure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.