All of us love to have deliciously crispy leftover pizza, but you will really love it now when you learn how to reheat pizza in Air Fryer. It makes the leftovers so good, they’re almost better than the original and much better than soggy microwave attempts!
YOU CAN REHEAT PIZZA IN AN AIR FRYER?
Oh yes, you can! In fact, since I have learned how to re-warm my pizza in my air fryer, I don’t reheat it any other way. Here are the pros to reheating your pizza:
- pizza reheats fast and conveniently.
- texture stays moist and slightly crispy without drying out, even on thin crust.
- heated thoroughly through in 3-4 minutes.
- comes out just as good, if not better than when freshly cooked!
I’m telling you when I stumbled across this trick for pizza it literally changed my life. I think it’s the best way to reheat pizza.
I am a pizza fanatic. I would eat pizza several days a week if my heart would let me! Ha. But warming up pizza in the air Fryer is now one of my favorite ways to do so.
No longer do you have to use the microwave, which can make a leftover piece of pizza hard, chewy, and sometimes not evenly heated all the way through.
Reheating pizza in the oven is typically not worth the time because it takes so much longer.
Enter air frying. It’s preheated in just a few minutes and then 3 minutes later it’s perfectly reheated.
Want to learn another great trick? Check out how to easily make the perfect, flaky, Air Fried Biscuits.
Want more recipes and tips? Join our Air Fryer Facebook group.
HOW TO REHEAT PIZZA IN AIR FRYER
Not all pizzas are created equal, so we are going to share with you a table for reheating pizza. You can print out the infographic of this simple table and also grab the notes in the printable recipe card below.
We will even tell you how to warm them, specific cooking time, the number of pieces you can place in the Air Fryer basket, and for how long depending on the type of pizza and pizza slice you are warming up.
You can find all of this information in the recipe card below.
WHAT TIME AND TEMPERATURE SHOULD I USE WHEN REHEATING PIZZA?
If you eat pizza as much as we do, make sure you print out the little infographic above and keep it handy for future use. Here is our detailed version of the best way to reheat pizza.
- THICK CRUST: Heat thick crust pizza in the Air Fryer at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes. I personally check my pizza after 4 minutes and then keep an eye on it after every minute or so to ensure the cheese isn’t browning too much and the heat is evenly cooking the pizza.
- MEDIUM CRUST: Heat medium crust pizza in the Air Fryer at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes. I will check this pizza slices after 3 minutes to ensure the pizza is cooking evenly and the cheese is not browning too much.
- THIN CRUST: Heat thin crust pizza in the Air Fryer at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-4 minutes, checking after to 2 minutes to ensure the pizza is cooking evenly and the cheese is not browning too quickly.
Continue to add heating increments of 1-2 minutes and check occasionally to ensure that each piece is cooking evenly.
Don’t worry about opening the air fryer basket to check on the pizza. A quick check of your food won’t make any difference to this little kitchen counter convection oven.
HOW MANY SLICES OF PIZZA CAN I REHEAT IN THE AIR FRYER?
Depending on the size of the slices you are reheating, you can typically reheat 2-3 pieces of pizza in the air fryer basket at the same time. It also depends on the size of the basket your Air Fryer oven uses.
If I have a lot of toppings on my pizza I will try and keep the slices to a minimum. This helps to ensure I am reheating the pizza thoroughly and evenly without causing the cheese or toppings to get brown or too crispy.
Don’t forget to add olive oil to the basket to keep the toppings and slices from sticking. Don’t be afraid to add a little cook time to make those slices extra crispy.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN REHEATING FROZEN PIZZA VERSUS HOMEMADE PIZZA OR DELIVERY?
Generally speaking, I will heat the pizza using the same time and temperature table as I shared in the infographic above. This includes fresh pizza and frozen pizza.
The only difference I will take into account when reheating a slice of pizza is how thick the crust is of the pizza base and how many toppings are on the pizza slices.
With any pizza, make sure that it’s not too old and that it is still good before reheating and consuming. I generally will only save leftover pizza in the refrigerator for 24 hours before discarding any leftovers.
Depending on the size of the Air Fryer Oven, you might even be able to fit an entire pizza into the basket.
The air fryer is certainly the best way to reheat pizza in my opinion. If you haven’t tried this reheating technique yet, you’re certainly in for a treat and won’t want leftover pizza any other way.
Don’t forget to reheat your sides like garlic bread bites or mozzarella sticks.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fried OREOs
- Air Fried Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Copycat KFC Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fried Chicken Wings
Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
- 2-3 slices pizza (see description in notes)
- Set the Air Fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and reheat the pizza according to thickness and size. 4-6 minutes for thick crust, 3-5 minutes for medium crust, and 2-4 minutes for thin crust.
- Add additional increments of 1-2 minutes if needed.