Air Fryer Popcorn is a quick and fun way to make homemade air popped popcorn. You’ll have a fluffy tasty treat in no time at all.
You’ll enjoy making this popcorn as much as my family does! Prep time and cooking time is minimal.
It’s one of my new favorite ways to get the perfect, fluffy, popcorn in just minutes. Not only that, but it’s an easy snack and easy recipe to make.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
- Plain popcorn kernels: I keep a big jar on hand – it’s one of my favorite snacks!
- Oil: A little oil for the popcorn kernels.
- Salt: Optional. Add regular salt, sea salt, or opt for a season/flavored salt.
- Butter: Optional, but definitely worth it if you want that movie theatre taste.
How to Make Air Fried Popcorn
Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line the bottom of the basket with a sheet of aluminum foil. Add the cooking spray or oil to the bottom of the foil.
Add the popcorn kernels in a single layer on top of the foil in the basket of the air fryer.
Cook the popcorn until the popping stops. Leave the air fryer basket closed so that any wild popcorn kernels don’t come flying out at you. You might still have a few unpopped kernels, which is totally fine.
Remove the popcorn from the Air Fryer basket and add any salt, seasoning, or melted butter.
Before using the Air Fryer again, make sure you’ve found all of the wayward kernels that may have blown around in the basket.
*Air Fryers can heat differently. Consider doing a test run with your first batch of Air Fryer Popcorn. If you own a Cosori, you’ll find this recipe is accurate. Just know that movie night is going to be so much better!
Want more recipes and tips? Join our Air Fryer Facebook group.
Tips for Making
I have a few tips for best results to make this popcorn recipe perfect for you every single time.
- Preheat the Air Fryer before you start popping the kernels. If you don’t preheat the appliance ahead of time you risk your popcorn not cooking as thoroughly and increases the risks for brown or burned popcorn.
- Coat the kernels in an olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or cooking spray before you start popping. I will add the oil to the bottom of the foil and roll the kernels around by hand. You can also coat the kernels by placing them in a small bowl with the oil.
- Popping all kernels can be a little tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. If some of your kernels are popping at a slower rate than others, carefully remove the popped popcorn and keep cooking the uncooked kernels. (Careful, they may pop out at you!)
- Clean the Air Fryer Lid/Top before the next use. Because the Air Fryer uses, well, AIR, it will be blowing around some of the kernels and small popped corn. These can get stuck up into the top of the Air Fryer in the heating element. Take the time to use a brush and clean these away before your next use.
Air Frying is so much better than the traditional method or microwave pop popcorn, and more fun!
Easily add black pepper, garlic salt or garlic powder, onion powder, sprinkle parmesan cheese, and more for different flavor ideas. It’s such a healthy snack that’s also low calorie.
You can also add butter if you want a more buttery popcorn flavor. It’s a delicious snack and a family favorite.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Air Fryer Popcorn! It’s my new favorite way to make a delicious popcorn with that air popped texture.
If you’re looking for even more recipes, tips, and tricks, make sure you join our very active Air Fryer Facebook Group. You’ll find a lot of recipes from all over the world and a lot of very helpful people to help you get it right the first time.
Looking for more Air Fryer recipes? We have a few you might like below!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
Air Fryer Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once preheated, cover the basket of the air fryer with a layer of foil. Do not cover the sides of the basket.
- Add the olive oil and the popcorn to the foil. Spread the kernels into an even layer, and coat with the oil.
- Cook the popcorn for 5-7 minutes. Listen for the kernels popping and remove the basket once the kernels have all popped.
- Make sure to keep the kernels in a single layer over the foil. If you add too many kernels they will not pop evenly and the popcorn can brown or burn.
- Preheat the air fryer before cooking the popcorn.
- Listen for the kernels to stop popping. Remove the cooked popcorn if needed and cook the remaining kernels in 1-minute increments or until popcorn is cooked.
- Season the cooked popcorn with salt, butter, and your favorite seasonings.