Air Fryer Popcorn is a quick and fun way to make homemade air popped popcorn. You’ll have a fluffy tasty treat in no time at all.
You’ll enjoy making this popcorn as much as my family does! Prep time and cooking time is minimal.
It’s one of my new favorite ways to get the perfect, fluffy, popcorn in just minutes.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
- Popcorn kernels: I keep a big jar on hand – it’s one of my favorite snacks!
- Oil: A little oil for the popcorn kernels.
- Salt: Optional. Add regular salt or opt for a season/flavored salt.
- Butter: Optional, but definitely worth it if you want that movie theatre taste.
How to Make Air Fried Popcorn
Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line the bottom of the basket with a sheet of aluminum foil. Add the cooking spray or oil to the bottom of the foil.
Add the popcorn kernels in a single layer on top of the foil.
Cook the popcorn until you no longer hear any popping. Leave the air fryer basket closed so that any wild popcorn kernels don’t come flying out at you.
Remove the popcorn from the Air Fryer basket and add any salt, seasoning, or melted butter.
Before using the Air Fryer again, make sure you’ve found all of the wayward kernels that may have blown around in the basket.
*Air Fryers can heat differently. Consider doing a test run with your first batch of Air Fryer Popcorn. If you own a Cosori, you’ll find this recipe is accurate. Just know that movie night is going to be so much better!
Want more recipes and tips? Join our Air Fryer Facebook group.
Tips for Making
I have a few tips to make this popcorn recipe perfect for you every single time.
- Preheat the Air Fryer before you start popping the kernels. If you don’t preheat the appliance ahead of time you risk your popcorn not cooking as thoroughly and increases the risks for brown or burned popcorn.
- Coat the kernels in an oil or cooking spray before you start popping. I will add the oil to the bottom of the foil and roll the kernels around by hand. You can also coat the kernels by placing them in a small bowl with the oil.
- Popping all kernels can be a little tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. If some of your kernels are popping at a slower rate than others, carefully remove the popped popcorn and keep cooking the uncooked kernels. (Careful, they may pop out at you!)
- Clean the Air Fryer Lid/Top before the next use. Because the Air Fryer uses, well, AIR, it will be blowing around some of the kernels and small popped corn. These can get stuck up into the top of the Air Fryer. Take the time to use a brush and clean these away before your next use.
Air Frying is so much better than the traditional method or microwave popcorn, and more fun! Easily add black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and more flavor ideas.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fried OREOs
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. Want more recipes? Make sure to sign up for our newsletter below the recipe card.
Air Fryer Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once preheated, cover the basket of the air fryer with a layer of foil. Do not cover the sides of the basket.
- Add the olive oil and the popcorn to the foil. Spread the kernels into an even layer, and coat with the oil.
- Cook the popcorn for 5-7 minutes. Listen for the kernels popping and remove the basket once the kernels have all popped.
- Make sure to keep the kernels in a single layer over the foil. If you add too many kernels they will not pop evenly and the popcorn can brown or burn.
- Preheat the air fryer before cooking the popcorn.
- Listen for the kernels to stop popping. Remove the cooked popcorn if needed and cook the remaining kernels in 1-minute increments or until popcorn is cooked.
- Season the cooked popcorn with salt, butter, and your favorite seasonings.