This easy taco casserole recipe is the perfect substitution for Taco Tuesday. Made with layers of ground beef, corn tortillas, seasonings, corn, onion, cheese, and more. It’s a mouthwatering recipe that will have the whole family asking for seconds.
Are you a fan of Taco Tuesday? If so, you’re going to love this new recipe we have to share today.
Our family looks forward to Taco Tuesday, as it’s one of our favorite days of the week! This simple taco casserole is one I like to throw into the mix at least once a month.
It’s a quick and easy family recipe that’s done in just 30 minutes. It’s also the perfect recipe for large families or parties with large groups of people.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR TACO CASSEROLE
To make this casserole you need to have a few things on hand:
- Ground beef (I like to use lean, or you can use ground turkey)
- Tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces.
- Corn, drained.
- Diced Tomatoes, drained.
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Bell Pepper
Optional Toppings I like to include:
- Sour Cream
- Avocado, and more.
You’re going to love how easy this layered casserole is to make. If you’re running out of time then you can grab our full printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. It has all of our notes and ingredient amounts needed to make this recipe.
If you’re not short on time, keep reading as we share this recipe and also talk about our favorite serving options.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
If you like this easy Taco Casserole, you might also enjoy a few of these other easy weeknight meals such as:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Ultimate Chicken Nachos
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Fajita Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
HOW TO MAKE TACO CASSEROLE
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large skillet over medium high heat saute the onion, bell pepper, seasonings, and ground beef until the beef is no longer pink. Drain any remaining grease. Transfer the beef mixture to a medium sized bowl.
Add drained corn and tomatoes to the beef mixture and stir until combined.
In the bottom of a prepared baking dish start making layers with the tortilla pieces, beef mixture, and top with a layer of cheese. Repeat the layers until the casserole dish is filled and add a layer of cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
I love this recipe because there are so many things you can add and take away that will change it up. I like to serve my taco casserole with these options:
- Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce with sour cream and salsa
- Serve with a side of refried beans and flavored rice.
- Serve as a dip with a side of tortilla chips for dipping.
Like this recipe? PIN IT to one of your favorite boards! Follow PINKWHEN on Pinterest!
You can also add a southwestern flair and a ton more flavors to this recipe by adding black beans or diced green chilis.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does. Not only does it disappear fast, but it takes just 30 minutes from start to finish.
Taco Casserole FAQs
I like to serve taco casserole with a side of chips and salsa, pico de gallo, a salad, sopapillas, and more. There are a lot of options!
If you want to freeze taco casserole, cover it with foil and label it. To reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then bake in the oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour with the foil on. Remove the foil and cook an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Make sure you grab the full printable recipe card below. It has all of our notes and serving options included. Not only that, but make sure to head back and rate this recipe after you’ve made it.
We love to see your feedback! It lets us know what you like and what we should share more of with our readers.
Finally, are you on social media? Make sure you share this recipe with your friends and family with our easy social share buttons. You can also click on these links here and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest.
Easy 30 Minute Taco Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 15oz kernal corn drained
- 1 15oz diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 5 corn tortillas torn into bite sized pices
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat saute the onion, bell pepper, seasonings, and ground beef until the beef is no longer pink. Drain any remaining grease. Transfer the beef mixture to a medium sized bowl.
- Add drained corn and tomatoes to the beef mixture and stir until combined.
- In the bottom of a prepared baking dish start making layers with the tortilla pieces, beef mixture, and top with a layer of cheese. Repeat the layers until the casserole dish is filled and add a layer of cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- I prefer to tear my tortillas into bite-sized pieces. You can also keep them whole.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, refried beans, and seasoned rice.
- Give this recipe a southwestern flair by adding black beans and diced green chilis.