I love a good roast, but when I only have to use two ingredients and have perfectly tender roast, I love it even more. This easy 2 Ingredient Crock Pot Roast recipe should be on your to-do list for dinner in the next week. It’s a family favorite, and an easy recipe that tastes like you have been cooking all day long.
One of my best investments ever is the slow cooker I have. In fact, it wasn’t even an investment for me because my mom had two and gave me one of them. Needless to say, I have used the dickens out of it and will be doing so for a long time to come.
They are so easy to use, and when your kids have sports scheduled after school, it can be a life saver for dinner. No more fast food for us!
Easy Crockpot Roast Recipe
Here are the few things you will need for this amazing roast. It’s such a quick and easy recipe. We’ve also included the Keto Friendly version and freezer instructions in the full recipe card below.
- chuck roast
- baby carrots
- cream of mushroom soup
- Dale’s Seasoning
OR follow our Keto Friendly version in the recipe box below. You can find both recipe options and freezer instructions below along with the full recipe on the full printable recipe card below.
Dale’s Seasoning is seriously one of my favorite all time seasonings to use. You will be amazed at just how much flavor a little bit goes.
I might also add a little beef broth to the crock pot for a thinner gravy if using the recipe version with cream of mushroom soup.
Place the slow cooker on low, add your favorite sirloin tip or chuck roast, and let it cook all day long.
It’s really as simple as that! It’s really one of my all time favorite recipes, and my family loves to have it. It’s a great recipe to have in your back pocket when you know that you don’t have time to cook dinner when you finally get home.
Add a few carrots or cut turnips and place them in the slow cooker with the roast if you want to add veggies to it. YUM!
We love this Easy 2 Ingredient Crock Pot roast recipe. If you are looking for a few more dinner ideas, check out my recipe box. You’re sure to find something your family (and you!) will love.
Easy Crockpot Roast
- 2 10oz Cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 5lb chuck roast
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1/2 cup Dale's Seasoning sauce
Keto Friendly version
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 5lb chick roast
- 1 tbsp cornstarch optional to thicken gravy if needed
- Place your crockpot on the low heat setting.
- Add the roast, carrots, and additional ingredients to the crockpot.
- Heat on low for 8-10 hours until tender and juicy.
- If using the keto friendly ingredients, add a tbsp of cornstarch to 1 half cup cold water and then stir into the crockpot to thicken the gravy. Wait 30 minutes before serving to allow gravy to thicken.
FREEZER PREP INSTRUCTIONS
- Use the Keto friendly version of this recipe for the freezer prep.
- Add roast, carrots, seasonings, and remaining ingredients to a freezer safe bag. Close and seal after squeezing all air out. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To heat – thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in the crockpot on low for 8-10 hours until juicy and tender. Serve with your favorite sides.
- When making this recipe for the freezer use the keto friendly version to dump and add all ingredients.
- If you prefer to use the cream of mushroom soup recipe, add all ingredients except cream of mushroom soup to the freezer bag. Once thawed and ready to cook, add freezer ingredients and then add two cans of cream of mushroom soup to the crockpot. Cook as instructed.