This Air Fryer Eggplant is a bite-sized delight! Made with eggplant, olive oil, and the perfect blend of seasonings for a delicious low carb snack or side dish that everyone will love.
As far as fried eggplant recipes go, this is one of my favorites. I use to be an eggplant hater, but not anymore!
I love to substitute this low carb side dish for french fries and the delicious flavor is just downright amazing. Not only that, but prep time is minimal and this dish will be ready before you know it.
Head down to the recipe card below this post for the complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions you can grab from our printable recipe card.
- olive oil – to coat the eggplant wedges before seasoning.
- garlic powder – Adds a hint of garlic flavor.
- ground black pepper – Gives this recipe the perfect seasoned flavor.
- smoked paprika (optional) – I love to add smoked paprika for added color and flavor.
- Italian seasoning – Adds that Italian flavor most expect when eating eggplant.
- eggplant – the main ingredient
- fresh parsley (optional)
How to Cook Eggplant in Air Fryer
Slice eggplant into 1” pieces
Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray if needed.
Add all eggplant pieces into a small shallow bowl with extra virgin olive oil and toss until eggplant pieces are fully coated.
Add the seasonings to the eggplant and toss until they are coated with the seasonings.
Put the seasoned eggplant in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry eggplant at 350 Fahrenheit/175 Celcius for 13-15 minutes, use tongs for tossing them in the basket halfway through the cook time. The tops should be golden brown.
Top with fresh parsley before serving with your favorite dipping sauce.
NOTE: This Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe was cooked using a Cosori Air Fryer. You’re Air Fryer may cook differently and you may need to add or remove cooking time to ensure eggplant is fully cooked. For best results, keep a close eye on the recipe if this is the first time making it so you know how to adjust the time to your particular air fryer.
This is one of my favorite crispy air fryer eggplant dishes and it reminds me of crispy potato wedges. Only a healthier version! They are literally seasoned and crispy perfection.
How long do I cook eggplant in the air fryer?
If you are making eggplant wedges, you want to cook them for about 15 minutes. If you’re cooing larger pieces of eggplant slices, you may need to cook the eggplant longer.
What do I serve with air fried eggplant?
Serve this crispy eggplant with your favorite dipping sauces such as blue cheese dressing, Ranch dressing, and even ketchup. You can also top the fried eggplant with fresh parmesan cheese.
This is such a delicious side dish and makes a great addition to your favorite main courses.
If you would rather keep the eggplant as slices, check out this other Air Fryer Eggplant recipe.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! I love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air Fryer
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 eggplant
- Slice eggplant into 1” pieces.
- Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray if needed.
- Add all eggplant pieces into a small shallow bowl with extra virgin olive oil and toss until eggplant pieces are fully coated.
- Add the seasonings to the eggplant and toss until they are coated with the seasonings.
- Put the seasoned eggplant in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry eggplant at 350 Fahrenheit/175 Celcius for 13-15 minutes, use tongs for tossing them in the basket halfway through the cook time. The tops should be golden brown.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.