Blueberry Crumb Bars are a delicious and tasty dessert made with fresh blueberries. You won’t be able to stop eating at just one!
When’s the last time that you made a dessert that was 100% perfect and on point? If you have to stop and think about it, it’s been way too long. These Blueberry Crumb Bars are not only simple and easy, but they’re packed full of that awesome fresh blueberry taste as well. When that blueberry craving hits, this is my go-to dessert!
Make certain to check out our 2 Ingredient Apple Hand Pies as well. There’s no denying that deliciousness of fruit desserts!
Speaking of fruits.
There’s nothing quite like that flavor of fresh blueberries. They’re packed full of tasty juice and are just wonderfully naturally sweet.
When I’m baking with them, I just know that the recipe is going to be good.
I even love the fact that if you stir the blueberries too much, your entire dessert has the potential to turn purple from the fruit juice…but to me, it just adds to the fun and taste!
While you can eat these Blueberry Crumb Bars all on their own, you can certainly top them with fresh ice cream or a scoop of whipped cream as well.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB BARS RECIPE
I don’t know about you, but I love recipes that have few ingredients, bake easily, and still pack a flavor punch.
With less than 10 ingredients, this simple blueberry dessert recipe literally takes no time at all. I can easily cook this up with minimal prep work and have a nice dessert waiting for the kids at the end of their school day.
It’s also a delicious brunch recipe to share with friends as well. There’s nothing like a cup of hot Joe and these blueberry crumb bars!
And boy do they have the perfect crumble!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- sugar: white, granulated sugar.
- flour: all purpose baking flour.
- egg: to make things bake pretty.
- cinnamon: adds that perfect flavor
- baking powder
- blueberries: with this recipe, fresh is best.
- sugar: white, granulated.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY CRUMB BARS
Wondering how this tasty dish all comes together? Don’t worry, I’ve got the pictures to show you how to do each and every step!
- Pre heat the oven.
Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder together into stand mixer bowl. With the whisk attachment, turn the stand mixer on medium speed and add egg.
Continue to mix and drop shortening into the mixer 1 tsp at a time. Continue to mix until the dough is crumbly, after about 1 minute.
Place half of the flour mixture into a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish.
Combine the sugar and cornstarch into a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Add the blueberries and carefully stir, coating all of the blueberries with the sugar mixture.
Add the coated blueberries to the 9 x 13 baking dish. Add the remaining flour mixture over the top of the blueberries.
Bake uncovered in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the top has turned a light golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
Like this recipe? PIN IT to one of your favorite boards! Follow PINKWHEN on Pinterest!
BLUEBERRY CRUMB BAR FAQS
I don’t recommend it. The problem with using frozen blueberries over fresh is that once the blueberries that are frozen start to thaw and cook down, they’re going to have a ton more liquid (aka frozen water) that they’ve been storing. This means that your crumb bars are going to be very soggy – and who has time for that?
They’re going to be soft and will crumble – hence the name. Serve the bar on a plate or napkin just to be certain that you cut down on the mess.
For sure! You can try this recipe with apples, peaches, strawberries and more! Just swap out for different fruits and see what you like best.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can freeze the bars but it will change the texture and they won’t be near as amazing as when they’re made fresh. Don’t keep these bars in the freezer longer than a month, and make sure they are stored in an airtight container. To reheat, allow them to set on the counter until they are fully thawed, and then reheat as desired.
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for this blueberry dessert recipe, leave it below in the comments. We’re always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you love these Blueberry Crumb Bars as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Mandarin Orange and Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
- Upside-Down Blueberry Puffs Brunch Recipe
- Blueberry Almond Crescent Rolls
- Gluten Free Almond Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. Want more recipes? Make sure to sign up for our newsletter below the recipe card.
Blueberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder together into a stand mixer bowl. With the whisk attachment, turn the stand mixer on medium speed and add the egg. Continue to mix and drop shortening into the mixer 1 tsp at a time. Continue to mix until the dough is crumbly, after about 1 minute.
- Place half of the flour mixture into a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch into a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Add the blueberries and carefully stir, coating all of the blueberries with the sugar mixture.
- Add the coated blueberries to the 9 x 13 baking dish. Add the remaining flour mixture over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the top has turned a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Store freshly baked blueberry crumb bars in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Store blueberry crumb bars in the freezer for 1 month in an airtight container.
- Use fresh blueberries, not frozen.