I’m going to admit it and tell you that I am probably not the best when it comes to cookies for Santa. This year my soon to be 8 year old wanted to make something that Santa would remember forever. We took things up a notch and decided to make this Ultimate Christmas Fruit Pizza. Covered in fresh fruit and homemade cream cheese frosting, you won’t believe how amazing this dessert tastes. The real trick will be saving some for Santa!
The Ultimate Christmas Fruit Pizza
Just what makes the ultimate Christmas Fruit Pizza? It’s the cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit piled high on top of the perfectly baked cookie. It’s not one cookie, but one great big Christmas cookie made just for Santa.
Normally I don’t go to such extravagance for Santa, but my youngest wanted us to make something different and unique. I don’t know who had more fun today while baking this treat.
When I was younger, we always made sure to have Santa’s snack and milk ready before we went to bed. It was usually something crazy like potato chips covered in whipped cream and sprinkles. For some reason, I was convinced that was Santa’s favorite snack.
It was so much fun to wake up in the morning to see Santa’s presents and an empty glass of milk and plate of food left on the table.
How to Make a Christmas Fruit Pizza
Sugar cookies are one of the easiest cookies to make. Decorating with the toppings is also one of the best parts. If you are running short on time, consider grabbing a premade sugar cookie mix.
Once you’ve decided on the cookie mix, pick out your favorite pizza toppings and a good cream cheese frosting.
We opted to make one large sheet with our dough. After rolling the dough thin, we baked the cookie dough between 7-10 minutes. Make sure to carefully watch the dough starting at the 7-minute mark. When the edges start to turn a light golden brown, it’s time to remove it from the oven.
TIP: When removing the large sheet of dough from the oven, air can be trapped underneath the large sheet of cookie. I drop the cookie sheet about 3 inches onto the stovetop a couple of times to help flatten the cookie.
Once the cookie has cooled, use a pizza cutter to cut out the tree and small cookie cutters to create the bite-sized cookies from the leftover cookie dough.
After cutting all of the cookies, we then frosted them with a light cream cheese frosting and topped them with fruit.
What fruit do you put on fruit pizza?
Fruit Pizza’s are an amazing dessert. Consider some of these fruit combinations:
- strawberries, bananas, blueberries
- orange slices, kiwi, blueberries
- blueberries, strawberries, bananas, raspberries
- and so many more!
Can I use a premade sugar cookie mix for fruit pizza?
Absolutely! There is nothing wrong with grabbing a premade mix to save a little extra time in the kitchen. All of the fun is going to be with decorating the cookies.
Of course, a good homemade cookie mix doesn’t take that long to make either. We made a few modifications to this easy sugar cookie recipe here.
Can I make fruit pizza a day ahead?
You can make fruit pizza ahead of time but you must make sure to store it tightly covered in the refrigerator, and I would suggest not making the fruit pizza more than a day ahead of serving.
How do I store a Christmas Fruit Pizza?
Once the fruit pizza is finished, cover it tightly in a plastic cling wrap and store in a dark cool space in the refrigerator. Fruit pizza will not last much longer than two days without the cookie crust becoming a little soggy from sugary liquids in the fruits.
Fruit Pizza’s are generally best when served within a day of creation.
Are you ready to make a delicious Christmas treat? The kids are going to have fun, and the results are delicious.
My little helper made sure we let the elves in on the fun of making this Christmas Fruit Pizza.
If you like this recipe for the Ultimate Christmas Fruit Pizza, you might also like these other Christmas ideas:
- Donut Christmas Tree Dessert
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Cookies
- Believe Free Christmas Printables
- FREE Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Black and White Christmas Printables
Make sure you print out this recipe below. If you love it as much as we do, make sure you rate it.
The Ultimate Christmas Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Carefully blend the softened butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the egg and continue to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Combine the creamy butter mix and the flour mixture. Blend well.
- Add in the vanilla extract and continue to blend and knead.
- Use a large piece of the cookie dough and roll onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before using the small cookie cutters to create small bite-sized cookies. Use a pizza cutter to create the large Christmas tree from the baked cookie.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve.
- If the dough becomes sticky, add in a little extra flour.
- Make sure to add flour to the rolling pin so the dough doesn't stick.
- Carefully watch the large cookie in the oven at the 7-minute mark. The cookie should be pulled when the edges start turning a light golden brown.
- Drop the cookie sheet a few inches from the stove top immediately after removing from the oven to help pack the cookie dough. Allow the dough to cool completely before adding frosting or toppings.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.