Hey everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home sharing a recipe that I am SO excited about. Strawberry season is one of my favorite times of the year and I love creating new recipes with them. They taste so good straight from the fridge with a little sugar, served fresh over angel food cake, or even more deliciously, baked until saucy and warm and then topped with a soft and creamy biscuit!
You might also enjoy this delicious and easy peach crisp!
The base of this cobbler is out of this world. You take fresh strawberries and mix them with a little sugar and vanilla, and then most importantly, add some nutella. The nutella and strawberries bake to combine the most delicious combination. The strawberry definitely has the forefront on flavor, with a subtle hint of the nutella in the background. You can definitely taste the nutella, but you don’t lose the strawberry flavor at all, which I think sometimes happens when you add nutella to a dessert.
Strawberry and Nutella Cobbler
While I love fresh fruit, I am definitely partial to the baked variety, because that usually means I am eating a pie, crisp, or cobbler! Growing up, fruit crisps were always in abundance because my Dad makes the best. We had them for dessert and was always the dish we took to potlucks or BBQs. One of my favorites that he makes is strawberry rhubarb because strawberries get so sweet and delicious when baked. The version I am sharing here with you today is seriously out of this world. With the addition of some nutella, this dessert is thrown over the top and goes from good to great. I look forward to a summer full of baking with fruit and hope you are too. And if you are baking, this Strawberry and Nutella Cobbler is the perfect place to start!
Strawberry and Nutella Cobbler
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries cut into bite size pieces
- 2 heaping tablespoons. of nutella
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- For the cobbler biscuit topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup cream
- Reserve a small bit of sugar and cream for on top of the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine strawberries, nutella, cornstarch, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until strawberries are evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch round pie pan.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the cream and whisk until just combined.
- Roll out the mixture onto a non stick baking mat and knead one or two times to combine.
- Grab a handful of dough (approx 3 tbsp.) and roll into a ball and then gently flatten.
- Lay biscuits over the strawberry mixture, having them slightly overlap. These do not have to be perfect.
- Spread a small amount of left over cream over the biscuits and then sprinkle with a small amount of sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and the strawberries are bubbling.
- Let cool for at least half an hour so that the strawberry juices can firm back up.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream!
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.