These ooey-gooey treats are some of my favorites when it comes to Easter desserts. They are delicious, easy, and they disappear in a flash. If you’re looking to make an impression this Easter, check out these easy Easter Sugar Cookie Bars.
The Easter Sugar Cookie Bar Recipe
It all got started this weekend when I was roaming through Pinterest and I came across this amazing frosted sugar cookie bar recipe from The Baker Upstairs. They looked really good, but I wanted to change them up a bit for Easter.
With the help of my little one, we made a few modifications to take these amazing sugar cookie bars to the next level.
How to Make Sugar Cookie Bars
To make these sugar cookie bars you will need to have a few ingredients on hand.
- egg white
- cup of sugar
- butter (melted)
- sour cream
- almond extract
- baking powder
- Ghiradelli white chocolate chips
- 1 bag of M&Ms
Steps to make Sugar Cookie Bars
Heat your oven to 375 and line a 9 x 13 dish with foil, and coat with a non-stick cooking spray.
Add the butter and sugar to a mixer and stir until creamy.
Mix egg, egg white, sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well.
Add in flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
Add in white chocolate chips and mix well.
Pour mixture onto 9 x 13 dish and smooth out. Cover the top with M&Ms and Sprinkles, then bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve.
How do I store cookie bars?
Store these delicious desserts in an airtight container and keep them in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. If you need to, place them in the refrigerator.
This has to be one of the most awesome recipes EVER!! I am honestly surprised I was able to keep enough of these Easter Sugar Cookie Bars around to take pictures of.
This is such a fun recipe, and the kids all like to help when it comes to adding the chocolate, M&Ms, and Sprinkles. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars
- Easter Cupcakes with hidden egg
- Instant Pot Easter Eggs
- Free Easter Printables
Easter Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 11oz chocolate chips White, Ghiradelli
- 1 bag M&Ms
- Heat the oven to 375. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add butter and sugar to a mixer and stir until creamy.
- Add egg, egg white, sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Add in flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add mixture to a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with M&Ms and sprinkles and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve.