Hello one pot wonder…This Gluten Free Pumpkin Chicken Enchilada Pasta will become your go-to weeknight dinner for fall! Check out this super simple and mouthwatering recipe.
Just ONE POT is all you need, all you have to do is drop everything in and let it simmer away until the pasta is cooked. All in all, this will be on your table in less than 30 minutes!
The pumpkin in this dish isn’t totally in your face with pumpkin spice flavors. No, the pumpkin simply makes this pasta SUPER creamy and just a tad earthy. It’s really lovely, especially with the texture it adds.
Check out how easy this pasta dish is to make! You can keep reading, or feel free to hit the jump to recipe button above. It will take you to our free full printable recipe with all of our tips and notes.
How Do I Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Chicken Enchilada Pasta?
This is such a quick and easy dish. You’re going to love this recipe as much as we do. A few quick tips:
- Use Rotisserie chicken so you don’t have to cook chicken breasts
- When finished, reduce the heat, then add the cheese and stir to combine
- Use a large skillet or pot for quick and easy cleanup
Here’s what you’re going to throw in a pot and call it a day:
- pasta – duh…any gluten free pasta will work, my favorite is penne, or spirals
- black beans – simple canned black beans that have been rinsed
- cooked chicken – do yourself a favor and use a rotisserie chicken!
- bell peppers – red and yellow yo!
- green chilies – love the tang they add!
- taco seasoning
- pumpkin – canned, NOT pumpkin pie mix though, ew
- enchilada sauce – THIS will be your new pantry staple
- Mexican blend cheese – enough said
- broth – homemade if you have it on hand, bonafide provisions if you know good broth, or an organic carton if you’re pressed for time 😉
That’s it! You’ll have everything in the pot in less than 5 minutes and it will be cooked and ready to devour in mere minutes.
How to Serve Gluten Free Pumpkin Chicken Enchilada Pasta
If you crave a little spicy tang with Mexican style pasta recipes like I do feel free to add in a little lime juice and fresh jalapeños at the end OR a drizzle of Sriracha is GOLD! Want to add in a creamier taste? Top it with a little sour cream and green onions. YUM!
LOOKING FOR MORE PASTA DISHES?
Looking for more chicken and pasta dishes? We’ve got you covered. Check out a few of our other favorite dishes:
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this Fall inspired dish as much as we do. If you enjoy this recipe, make sure to leave a rating in the recipe card below. It tells us how much you enjoyed it and lets other readers know, too.
If you make this recipe, do us a favor and tag us on Instagram @pinkwhenjen and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. Have a great day! 🙂
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 8 oz pasta gluten free
- 1 15oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 oz red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese Mexican blend
- Place all ingredients (except cheese)into a large pot over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add cheese and stir well.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Top with cilantro before serving.
- For a creamier version, top with a dollup of sour cream and sprinkle a few onion tops.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.