This is one of our new favorite dessert recipes – full of delicious chocolate strawberry flavor! This chocolate ganache cake roll recipe is so sweet, spongey, moist, and delicious! This chocolate roll cake will easily become a favorite in your household!
The only thing better than cake is a chocolate roll cake. You get the moist delicious texture of cake – but it’s rolled up with perfect filling that your tastebuds go absolutely crazy for. Then throw some strawberries in there too? Talk about perfection. I’m telling you – you’re going to wonder where this recipe has been all your life – it’s THAT good!
We made this chocolate ganache cake roll recently and it didn’t last long! Between me, the husband, and the kids… it went much quicker than you’d think! We were all in love and devoured it until it was gone and they were begging me to make more!
It’s safe to say this chocolate cake roll recipe will be making visits pretty frequently.
how to make chocolate ganache cake roll
What I’ve really loved about this recipe is how easy it is to make – I’m certain anyone can do it. It’s so delicious but truly is an easy cake roll recipe. It’s a great chocolate ganache cake roll recipe to whip up when you have friends coming over and they won’t suspect how easy it was to make.
They’ll just be raving about it when they leave and insisting you make more next time you have a get together!
It’s as easy and baking the cake, cooking the simple ingredient filling, rolling it up, and chilling it. Of course, you still want to actually follow the recipe, but it really is that easy!
Make sure you are letting each part of this recipe cool all the way – you can run into some problems if they’re too warm when you put it together. You do need to let both the cake and the filling cool before you roll them up and that’s very important!
Chocolate Ganache Cake Roll
As good as it looks and I know it’s hard to wait to let this sweet recipe hit your tastebuds, don’t try to rush it! You’ll end up with a bit of a mess with the cake roll.
Now, I know you’re dying to get to the chocolate ganache cake roll recipe so I won’t keep you any longer. I just know you’re going to love this cake roll! It’s so moist, chocolatey, and delicious!
Everyone you make this for will be begging for more- guaranteed.
Enjoy and don’t forget to let me know how it turns out! I love seeing all your recipe creations.
Chocolate Ganache Cake Roll
Easy and delicious chocolate ganache cake roll recipe. Just a few simple tricks and you will have the perfect cake roll.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a jelly roll pan with buttered foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and then gradually add a cup of granulated sugar. Stir in water and vanilla extract. Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold the batter together and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Cake will be springy to the touch and start to shrink away from the sides of the pan.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper slightly longer than the cake and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Take off the foil or parchment paper and cut away the crusty edges of the cake. Roll the cake up in the parchment paper sprinkled with powdered sugar. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium low heat, stirring until smooth and chocolate has melted. Pour into a metal mixing bowl and refrigerate chocolate ganache until cold.
- Whip chocolate ganache on high in a stand mixer until cream is thick. It will be a light brown color. Unroll the cake and spread the chocolate ganache over the cake. Add strawberry slices over the top of the chocolate.
- Tightly roll the cake back up and refrigerate for an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Love this Chocolate Ganache Cake Roll Recipe as much as we do? Are you looking for another amazing dessert? Check out some of our other favorites, like this delicious chocolate banana bread recipe.
Or maybe these super tasty and easy meringue cookies.