This Strawberry Poke Cake is one of my favorite, easy, dessert recipes. Made with a moist white cake mix, strawberry gelatin mixture, whipped cream, and strawberries to top it off. It’s a light and fresh cake your whole family is sure to enjoy.
We’re pretty much obsessed with this Strawberry Jello Poke Cake. This easy recipe is sure to be one of your favorite desserts when you’re craving something light but full of flavor.
If you love an easy cake recipe, you might also enjoy this easy apple dump cake recipe.
Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE RECIPE
One of the reasons I love this recipe is because it comes together really quickly. Just use your favorite, moist, white cake mix. Bake the cake in a 9 x 13 dish according to the instructions on the box. Allow the cake to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
Once you make this recipe one time, you’re going to want to make it over and over again!
Are you in a rush? Scroll down to the bottom of this page and grab the full printable recipe card. It has all of our tips and tricks and notes for this recipe. If you’re not in a rush, keep reading!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE?
White Cake Mix – You could use vanilla, but I love the MOIST white cake mix for this recipe.
Strawberry Jello – Make sure to grab Instant Jello for this recipe.
Cool Whip – I like to keep these on hand in the freezer and pull them out for desserts like this.
Blueberries – OPTIONAL – Because why not use blueberries, too? 🙂
HOW DO YOU MAKE A STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE?
Remember when I said this was going to be super easy? It really is! Check out just how easy it is to make this simple strawberry dessert recipe.
- Bake the cake mix in a 9 x 13 baking pan according to the instructions on the box. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Take a wooden spoon and poke holed all over the cake.
- Grab the strawberry gelatin mix and add it to boiling water. Stir until the mix has completely disappeared.
- Carefully pour the mixture all over the top of the cake.
- Take the whipped topping and smooth it out all over the top of the cake.
- Finish off the cake by topping it with fresh strawberries.
Serve the cake immediately or store the cake for later. I like to cover my cake with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE MODIFICATIONS
You can always change this recipe up a little to make it different! If you’re looking for something a little sweeter and heavier, consider topping the cake with cream cheese frosting. That will turn this light and airy dessert into a heavier, more decadent dessert.
You can also opt to use a strawberry pie filling rather than strawberry gelatin to make things even more flavorful. It will make the layer thicker, and give this cake even more flavor.
There’s more than one way to make this amazing cake, and you should give these options a try!
If you have another modification, leave it in the comments below! We try to keep our recipes updated and current for our future readers and someone else may love the suggestion! If it works, I may even add it into this recipe as well.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you love this easy dessert recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other desserts, too!
- No Bake Strawberry Cloud Cake
- Peach Crisp
- Strawberry and Nutella Cobbler
- Smores Cake
- Skillet Smores Dip
- Toasted Coconut Pound Cake
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest.
Strawberry Poke Cake
- 1 strawberry instant gelatin
- 1 16oz whipped topping
- 1/2 cup cut strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries OPTIONAL
- 1 White box cake mix (with ingredients to make cake)
- Bake the cake in a 9 x 13 dish per instructions on the box. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Use a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake mix.
- Follow instructions on instant gelatin box and dissolve the gelatin mix in boiling water.
- Pour the dissolved gelatin mixture over the top of the cake.
- Cover the top of the cake with whipped topping such as cool whip.
- Cut strawberries in half and top the cake as desired.
- You can also make homemade whipped topping if you prefer something homemade.
- Opt to cover the cake in strawberry pie filling in place of gelatin and cream cheese frosting in place of whipped topping for a heavier version of this cake.
- Cover leftovers with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.