Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are about to be your new favorite busy weeknight meal. This is one of those side dishes that will be an instant family favorite. Follow the steps to this easy air fryer recipe for a great meal with so much flavor!
If you’re a fan of cooking veggies in the air fryer, make sure to check out my Easy Air Fryer Asparagus for another simple recipe!
I’m always looking for new ways to cook up green bell peppers. My taste buds love eating them raw but I crave those delicious flavors that come from cooking them as well. I also love that this simple recipe for stuffed peppers in the air fryer cuts the cooking time way down!
I love that this quick meal provides comfort food and easy dinner, all in one. The next time that you’re wanting to add healthy meals to your week, add this to the top of your list of delicious air fryer recipes.
And you can easily turn this into a vegetarian dish as well by omitting the ground beef! That’s just one way that this simple peppers recipe is so versatile and easy to make!
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
Who knew that your air fryer basket would be able to make easy recipes that much more simple? I swear – when I use my air fryer, I feel like I could cook just about anything in it!
I’ve never had issues making a delicious dinner and cooking up green peppers in the air fryer proves to be another instant hit! This is a great way to cut down on the cook time without compromising any of the flavors.
- bell peppers – Green bell peppers, red, yellow, orange, they are all perfect for this dish.
- lean ground beef – I use lean ground beef but you can use turkey, chicken, and more.
- olive oil – for cooking the onion and garlic.
- onion – for added flavors.
- minced garlic – for added flavors.
- tomato sauce – gives this dish a delicious robust but light flavor.
- Italian seasoning – The perfect seasoning to enhance all of the ingredients in this dish.
- cooked rice – to make this light recipe a little more hearty,
- Colby Jack Cheese – or use mozzarella, cheddar, or your favorite cheese topping.
- fresh Italian leaf parsley – I love to top my air fryer stuffed peppers with fresh parsley, the additional fresh flavors really take this dish to the next level.
You’re about to see why this is one of my favorite recipes! Forget dealing with soggy peppers and try this way instead!
How to cook fresh bell peppers in the air fryer
How to make Stuffed Peppers in the Air Fryer
Prepare the bell peppers by slicing the peppers in half, lengthwise, and then scoop to remove the insides and seeds.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
Add the tomato sauce and seasoning to the ground meat mixture and combine. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Mix the cooked rice into the ground beef mixture until just combined.
Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture and place the peppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Top the peppers with cheese and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Top with fresh parsley before serving.
NOTE: All air fryers cook differently. I cooked this dish using a Cosori 5.8qt air fryer. If you’re using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time by a minute or two.
What are different ways that you can make this recipe?
There are so many varieties to try! You can swap out the ground beef for lean ground turkey to cut down on some of the fat. You can also opt for using ground pork as well!
What side dishes pair with air fryer peppers?
I’m all about eating more veggies with my veggies. I think that sweet potato fries would be an awesome side dish or even some air fryer Brussels sprouts as well.
Can you create your own favorite filling for these peppers?
You bet. You can add in minute rice, garlic powder, pepper jack cheese, and even a bit more seasoned ground beef to really enhance the flavor even more! Change up the type of shredded cheese used and don’t forget to top with a bit of sour cream!
More Easy Recipes:
If you love this simple pepper recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Air Fryer Brats and Peppers
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- 100+ Beginner Air Fryer Recipes
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! I love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Italian leaf parsley
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing the peppers in half, lengthwise, and then scoop to remove the insides and seeds.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasoning to the ground meat mixture and combine. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Mix the cooked rice into the ground beef mixture until just combined.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture and place the peppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Top the peppers with cheese and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.