Hey everyone! Amanda here again from Old House to New Home sharing my family’s new favorite pizza recipe! This BLT Pizza recipe is easy, delicious, and I was even able to lighten it up, so you can go ahead and eat that 3rd slice!
We are nearing the end of tomato season, which is one of my favorite times of the year. Our tomatoes didn’t do well this year, but we have wonderful neighbors who leave bags of tomatoes on our porch weekly! I try to be creative with them and make as many things as possible.
While brainstorming what to have for dinner the other night, I was really craving a BLT using one of the fresh tomatoes, but my daughter had her heart set on pizza. After quickly looking through the fridge, I realized I could easily combine the two! I started with a thin crust from the store, made a quick ranch sauce, and then topped with all the good stuff!
You may be reluctant and worried that you will have a pizza topped with soggy lettuce, but I promise you won’t. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes after removing from the oven before topping with lettuce and you will have nice crisp pieces still on top!
I used light cream cheese, light ranch, and turkey bacon for this recipe, but feel free to use the full-fat stuff if you’d like. Although I do recommend the turkey bacon because it is less greasy and will not make your crust soggy. Even before I baked this pizza I knew it was going to be soooo good. Check out these delicious topping!
If you still have nice enough weather to grill outside, that would make this even more delicious! Throw the crust on the grill, top with everything but the lettuce, and grill until cheese is melted. You could even top this with some precooked chicken or avocado to add even more flavor!
This meal is the best of both worlds, it combines my favorite sandwich with everyone’s favorite, pizza! I hope you try this BLT Pizza soon!
How to Make a BLT Pizza
- 1 thin pizza crust store bought or homemade
- 3 oz. of cream cheese at room temperature, regular, light, or fat free
- 1 heaping tbsp. of ranch dressing regular or light
- 10 pieces turkey bacon cooked them crumbled
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 4 oz colby jack cheese shredded
- garlic powder
- 2 cups of lettuce torn into pieces
- Preheat your oven according to your crust's directions.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and the ranch dressing until equally combined.
- Using a small spatula, spread cream cheese mixture over the crust in an even thin layer.
- Top with cooked bacon, diced tomatoes, and cheese. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place in oven and cook according to package instructions or until crust is crisp and cheese is golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cool, sprinkle the lettuce over the top and then cut into slices. Enjoy!