Are you looking for a unique Mothers Day Dessert? Look no further! These super cute and super easy Mothers Day Dessert Skewers are unique and fun and super tasty! You won’t have to slave all day in the kitchen, and you can make enough to share with the whole family. These would also be a great idea for a teachers gift!
I love the whole presentation of food on a skewer. Whether that be seafood, veggies, grilled, or dessert, I am going to be happy when I see it. If you take a look at Pinterest, you will probably find a ton of ideas for Mothers Day Desserts. But they won’t be as cute as these!! 😉
Mothers Day Dessert
I love Mothers Day. I have always loved giving gifts and making others feel good, especially my mom. Now that I am a mom, I can’t wait to see what my kiddos have created. This year I am going to create these fun dessert skewers for my mom and enlist the help of my kiddos. They love creating and making as much as I do, and this is just too cute and fun to not share with them.
When I was growing up I never thought about doing a Mothers Day Dessert. I always made little crafts and purchased cards at the store. Now that I am older I like to make unique gifts and create my own personalized gift cards. I don’t write like a Hallmark card, but it’s always fun to create something unique and special just for Mom. And these little dessert skewers definitely take the cake for being unique and fun!
Mothers Day Dessert Idea
The best thing about these dessert skewers is that they really don’t take much time at all. Just gather up all of your ingredients, enlist the help of the little people, and prepare to have some fun at the kitchen table.
You can also serve these skewers up different ways! Serve them as is on a plate, wrap them individually and tie a little bow at the bottom, or even create a fun bouquet of dessert skewers placed into a foam ball covered in synthetic moss. There are so many ideas, and you can really customize this easy gift in so many ways.
Mothers Day Dessert Skewers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 41 large marshmallows
- 3 cups rice cereal
- Red gel food coloring
- ½ cup purple candy melts
- ½ cup yellow candy melts
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 7 colorful straws
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt your butter on medium heat. Add 20 of your marshmallows and mix until completely melted.
- Remove marshmallows from heat and add 1-2 drops of red gel food coloring and stir (your marshmallow mixture should be a light pink). Add rice cereal and fold until cereal is well-coated with the marshmallows.
- Slide down a marshmallow just 3 inches before the end of the straw. Next, grab a small handful of your cereal treats (while they’re still soft!) and mold it around the middle of your straw, so that it takes on a cylindrical shape. Top the straw off with two other marshmallows.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave candy melts (keep colors separate) and coconut oil (1 tsp per ½ cup candy melt) in 30-second intervals. Keep some candy on the side… don’t melt just yet because you will need them.
- Using a piping bag, drizzle the marshmallows with your candy melts and set on your lined baking sheet. Where there is space on the baking sheet, pipe out heart-shapes. Allow everything to set in the refrigerator.
- Once the candy melts and the cereal treats are set, melt your remaining candy and use it to “glue” your candy hearts onto the cereal treat portion of the skewer. Serve to mom and enjoy!
If you are looking for some additional easy dessert recipes, you can also check out this Smores Cake recipe, or maybe even this Toasted Coconut Pound Cake. I bet mom would love both of those!
Get started on these Mothers Day Dessert Skewers and let me know what you think! Share a comment below.
If you enjoyed this recipe, share it and PIN it for later!