This Red White & Blue Patriotic Layer Cake is the perfect cake for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. Made with layers of red, white, and blue colored cakes and topped with a delicious frosting. You’re going to love how easy this is to make, and you’re friends and family are going to devour it.
One of my favorite things about summer is that I get to spend a little more time with the kids. Not only that, but the nights are so much easier without the rush for baths and homework and everything else that goes along with a busy school year. I LOVE to celebrate with get-togethers, and this dessert will make everyone happy.
Easy Patriotic Layer Cake Recipe
Layer cakes are always so much fun to make. You can really do so many different things with them. In fact, I will share a few of my most popular layer cakes at the end of this blog post!
To get started with this patriotic dessert, you need to grab three of your favorite brand of vanilla cakes mixes. This is always the fun part. My youngest loves to be in the kitchen when it’s time to make cakes and add food coloring.
Once you have the mix with the perfect colors, pour them each into a separate 8 or 9 inch round cake pan. Bake each per the directions that accompanied the cake mix. You’re going to have fun decorating this yummy layer cake next!
Perfect Fourth of July Desserts
This is such a perfect cake for any Memorial Day or Fourth of July parties. It’s simple, easy, and everyone loves how it looks and tastes!
You can layer your cake in any order you wish, but I love the layers with red on the bottom.
Once you have all of the cakes baked and stacked with icing in between, it’s time to start decorating.
Add some strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, the sky is the limit. You can also serve this delicious cake with ice cream! Who doesn’t like cake and ice cream?
Easy Patriotic Layer Cake
This is such a simple and easy dessert, and one that everyone will enjoy.
Grab your apron and get started with this simple and easy dessert this summer. Your friends and family will enjoy every bite!
Are you looking for more fun summertime desserts? Check out this delicious S’mores Cake Recipe.
Or maybe this Toasted Coconut Pound Cake!
And if you don’t want to crank up the oven, you might want to make some no bake cookies, that are AMAZING!
Let me know in the COMMENTS below if you made this recipe. We love to get feedback from our readers, and it always helps with what we will create next. If you like this recipe, please make sure you RATE it!
Red White Blue Patriotic Layer Cake Recipe
- 1 package Funfetti Aqua Blue Cake Mix Baked in an 8" round pan
- 1 package Radiant Red Cake Mix Baked in an 8" round pan
- 1 package White box cake mix Baked in an 8" round pan.
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Bake cakes according to package directions in 8 or 9-inch pans. Allow to cool completely and remove from pans.
- Using a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar and then add in the vanilla.
- Spread out cream cheese frosting over the first cake layer and then stack another layer on top of that one.
- Add icing and add the final layer of cake. Finish off with frosting on the top layer and around the entire cake
- Top with strawberries and blueberries or sprinkles for a festive finish.