These iced oatmeal cookies are seriously the best oatmeal cookies!! They’re the perfect sweet, delicious, and chewy oatmeal cookies. If you’re looking for a oatmeal cookies recipe you will LOVE – this is the one!
Follow the step by step recipe below to learn how to make oatmeal cookies your whole family will eat up within minutes! But before you get to that, are you following me on pinerest?
I made these iced oatmeal cookies recently and they are seriously THE BEST oatmeal cookies I’ve had in a long time. Everyone was reaching for more of these delicious chewy oatmeal cookies!!
If you love oatmeal cookies as much as I do, you’ll be keeping this oatmeal cookies recipe on hand for years to come! Or if you don’t know how to make oatmeal cookies, this is the recipe you’ll want to try!
These are seriously the best oatmeal cookies for celebrations and get togethers. Everyone is sure to love these iced oatmeal cookies! They’ll be wondering how to make oatmeal cookies of their own that taste this good.
This oatmeal cookies recipe is as easy as mixing together ingredients and rolling up the dough to form cookies and tossing them in the oven! Of course there’s more to it in order to make these chewy oatmeal cookies, but you can just scroll down for the full recipe.
When making this oatmeal cookies recipe, you’ll want to take it slow when trying to make your icing for your iced oatmeal cookies. Add the milk slowly so you don’t make the icing for your chewy oatmeal cookies too thin!
These are the best oatmeal cookies and you’ll love the recipe – it’s perfect if you don’t know how to make oatmeal cookies. Just scroll down below for the full recipe!
I know you are just DYING to get to the oatmeal cookies recipe so I won’t keep you – I know you’re going to LOVE these chewy oatmeal cookies!
Enjoy these iced oatmeal cookies! I know you are going to just LOVE these – they’re the best oatmeal cookies! They’re especially great if you don’t know how to make oatmeal cookies of your own.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you made these! We love your feedback, as it helps us decide what to create next. If you want to see more recipes like this, make sure to RATE this recipe!
Iced Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a food processor, pulse the oats a few times. Be sure not to do it too much in order to avoid turning it to flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until it's light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and mix until well combined. Slowly add in the dry mixture, mixing well until all of it is added and well combined.
- Scoop two tablespoons of cookie dough, roll into a ball, and place on the cookie sheet until you've used all your dough. Be sure to place the dough two inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet - they will spread and flatten a little more after removed from the oven.
- Once the cookies are cooled, prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar and two tablespoons of milk. Slowly add more milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Lightly dip each cookie face down into the icing to allow the icing to drip into the cracks of the cookies. Cool the cookies on a rack to allow the icing to set. Serve and enjoy!
If you loved these cookies, you’ll love these lemon cake mix cookies recipe!
Or how about this sweet and delicious brown sugar bundt cake recipe!