I love this list of KitchenAid Mixer Attachments. I have been such a huge fan of KitchenAid – and when I finally received mine the Christmas before last, I was beyond ecstatic. I know. Silly, right? Not if you like to cook like I do! In fact, I couldn’t wait to get started using it. After owning my KitchenAid mixer for almost two years, I thought I would put together a list of my 10 favorite and best KitchenAid mixer attachments and accessories and how I use them. I literally have a bazillion KitchenAid attachments, but there are only a handful that I use consistently. It can become a little (or a LOT) expensive if you just grab everything. So if you are looking at grabbing a KitchenAid Mixer for yourself, your spouse, or just looking for ideas of what to get with it, then I hope this list of my 10 favorite KitchenAid attachments and accessories will help you in your decision making. And maybe even save you a little time and money.
Before I get started with my list, I wanted to let you know that I have had my KitchenAid for a couple of years. I have used it and abused it and LOVED it. It’s the most versatile tool I have at my disposal in the kitchen. But it can also get a little expensive when it comes to buying those coveted KitchenAid Accessories. However, the quality is SUPERB, and you totally get what you pay for. But if you are on a budget like I am, you probably can’t purchase everything at once. That’s why I hope this list of my 10 favorite KitchenAid Mixer attachments helps you in your decision making process. Every time I purchase one of these accessories, I end up very happy with it. Not only am I going to share my favorites, but I am also going to share how I use them.
But most importantly, make sure you purchase the attachments that work with your model KitchenAid mixer.
10 of the Best KitchenAid Mixer Attachments
If you haven’t yet purchased a stand mixer and are still searching, this is the exact KitchenAid Mixer that I have in my kitchen.
1. Metro Design Beater Blade – This is by far one of my favorite KitchenAid accessories. I love this because of the design, but also because it makes clean up a lot easier. These little red blades do most of the bowl scraping for you, so whatever you are mixing, mixes well with little or no build up. When I am making cakes or breads, this handy dandy tool is one of the little things to make it easier.
2. Pouring Shield – Speaking of making things easier, this pouring shield is also another one of my favorites. When I am making my favorite buttercream frosting, I use a lot of powdered sugar. If you want to keep the little mixing cloud in your bowl and not in the air, this pouring shield is a must have.
3. Pasta Attachments – You might choke on the price, but hopefully not on the pasta you can make with these attachments. This was my most expensive purchase, but one I am happy I made. We’ve made homemade spaghetti and homemade ravioli, and seriously – who doesn’t love homemade pasta? Save up for this one, grab your favorite pasta recipes, and begin to “WOW”.
Favorite KitchenAid Mixer Attachments
4. Pasta Drying Rack – Not used directly with the KitchedAid Mixer, but it is a very handy accessory to have on hand when making your delicious homemade pasta. I love it because it is easy to use, and it folds up nicely for storage.
5. Wire Whip – I’ve used this wire whip for everything from whipped cream to helping whip my homemade body butter. It’s perfect for whipping everything to perfection. TIP: Hand wash, don’t place this one in the dishwasher.
6. Dough Hook – An easy attachment to use, and perfect for doing all of the mixing and kneading for the next homemade pizza crust you make. Let it do all of the work for you.
7. Glass Bowl with Measurement Markings & Lid – Love this! Everything is easy to pour after mixing. You can use it in the microwave, or store in the freezer. The lid is also storable in the bowl and even dishwasher safe.
Best KitchenAid Mixer Attachments
8. Ice Cream Maker Attachment – This ice cream maker attachment even comes with several recipes to help you get started using it. It makes up to 2 quarts of yummy soft ice cream and other cold desserts. Besides, what’s better than homemade ice cream?
9. Citrus Juicer – If you have a few fresh oranges lying around this citrus juicer will be your new best friend. Juice you favorite fruits and create a delicious homemade smoothie. Not to mention, homemade orange juice is super duper healthy!
10. Slicer/Shredder Attachment – This makes shredding cheese and slicing cucumbers for salad easy. It’s also great for slicing potatoes and apples to make some fresh and homemade chips!
Don’t you just love all of the things you can do and make with your KitchenAid? I am such a fan of KitchenAid Mixer Attachments that I have an entire cabinet dedicated to it. I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. I hope this comprehensive list of my favorite KitchenAid Mixer Attachments helps you on your journey for the next best accessory to create with.