Air Fryer corn dogs are one of my favorite quick snack ideas for the family, and especially the kids. You can make corn dogs in an air fryer quickly and I’ll show you exactly how to do it.
When the kids are out of school I typically have a box of frozen corn dogs or mini corn dogs on hand for emergency snack preparedness.
Before I had an Air Fryer I would wrap the corn dogs in a paper towel and just pop them in the microwave. Unfortunately, they never really turned out as good as we would like.
The only other option would be to use the oven, but that takes extra time and we never went that route.
Fast forward to owning an Air Fryer. Air Fried Corn Dogs has become one of our favorite quick and easy recipes. Almost as fast as these Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket.
If you’re in a rush, head down to the bottom of this post where you can quickly and easily print out the complete recipe card. We share all of our notes, tips, and tricks in the printable card for your easy access.
Want more recipes and tips? Join our Air Fryer Facebook group.
HOW TO COOK CORN DOGS IN AN AIR FRYER
For this recipe, I used frozen State Fair corn dogs, but any brand of frozen corn dogs should work just as well.
1. Preheat Air Fryer tto 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the Air Fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray or prchment paper.
2. Place the corn dogs in Air Fryer Basket.
3. Set the cook time to 9 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the corn dogs in the Air Fryer Basket and then cook for the remainder of time.
4. Serve with your favorite condiments and side items.
This is such an easy Air Fryer recipe I almost feel silly writing an entire post about it. 🙂 However, I was also looking for the best way to cook corn dogs in an Air Fryer and now that I’ve found it, I thought it was perfect to share.
If you’re looking to cook frozen Air Fryer mini corn dogs, you can cook them much in the same way.
HOW TO COOK MINI CORN DOGS IN AN AIR FRYER
1. Preheat Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket with cooking spray or parchment paper.
2. Place the corn dogs in preheated Air Fryer Basket. Be sure to line them up in a single layer.
3. Set the cooking time to 7 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip the mini corn dogs and cook for the remainder of the time.
4. Serve with your favorite condiments or side items.
I’m a simple person and love to dip my cooked dogs in ketchup and mustard. In fact, when I am making these for the kiddos, I can’t help but make some for me as well. I loved them as a kid and still love them even as an adult. 🙂
My kiddos are always rotating the menu by making mini-sized corn dogs and regular-sized corn dogs. It’s one of their favorite snacks, and I love how quick and easy it is.
If you’re looking for other frozen food items to make in the Air Fryer, we also love to make these Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits! They always come out perfect every single time.
Do I Need To Preheat the Air Fryer to Make these?
Absolutely, YES. It is best to preheat the Air Fryer before making any of your recipes, including frozen corn dogs.
If you’re not preheating the Air Fryer cook time will be different. You won’t get the same results and your foods may not be cooked thoroughly through.
Just as you would preheat the oven, you want to preheat the Air Fryer as well so that you can ensure you have fully cooked food and that you are also using the correct cook time.
Air Frying has become one of our families favorite ways to make meals and snacks. We always preheat before use.
WHAT AIR FRYER SHOULD I USE?
The Ninja Foodi is a grill and has several different options. It’s also called an air crisper, and you can learn more about that here. I like this for larger projects. You can open the top and check on what’s cooking, and you can also use the temperature probe and never undercook or overcook anything again.
The Cosori has a basket, is an actual air fryer, and makes it easy to shake things around while cooking. The handle on the basket makes removing the basket easier, and it’s very easy to clean. Each works very well and I use them both with this big family of mine. I can have them both working and have dinner done FAST.
They both really do work great and I love to use them on an almost daily basis. One last thing I would recommend with whichever air fryer you choose, make sure to get some basket liners. They are amazing and help make cleanup a breeze!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES TO MAKE:
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Learn how to Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- 5 Corn Dogs
How To Make Regular Sized Frozen Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the Air Fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Place the corn dogs in Air Fryer Basket.
- Set the cook time to 9 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the corn dogs in the Air Fryer Basket and then cook for the remainder of time.
- Serve with your favorite condiments and side items.
How To Make Mini Sized Frozen Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Place the corn dogs in preheated Air Fryer Basket. Be sure to line them up in a single layer.
- Set the cooking time to 7 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip the mini corn dogs and cook for the remainder of the time.
- Serve with your favorite condiments or side items.