Frozen chicken or beef taquitos – straight from your freezer to your air fryer for delicious Mexican-inspired dinner! The air fryer crisps the tortillas to perfection while leaving the meat on the inside hot, juicy, and delicious. Top these tasty taquitos off with some sour cream, cheese, salsa, guacamole, or any other toppings of choice and you’ve got an excellent appetizer, snack, lunch, or dinner that is so simple to prepare.
Frozen taquitos are always a crowd favorite. If you want to take your frozen taquito game up a notch, then try making them in the air fryer! These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken or Beef Taquitos will be ready to eat in just minutes and they taste delicious!
These frozen chicken or beef taquitos are a great alternative to the traditional deep-fried version. They have a crispy outer layer but they aren’t too greasy because they don’t have any added oil.
Not to mention they are a lifesaver on nights when you forget to pull something out for dinner or are exhausted!
Why You’ll Love These Frozen Taquitos In The Air Fryer
- “One basket” makes clean up a breeze!
- Ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes
- Makes a great appetizer, snack, or easy dinner
- Kid-friendly! Kids love dipping taquitos in different sauces
What You Need To Make Frozen Air Fryer Taquitos
- Frozen Taquitos
- Air fryer
- Serving dish
- Tongs for serving
How to Make Frozen Chicken Or Beef Taquitos In The Air Fryer
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil if needed.
Step 2. Place the frozen taquitos in a single layer into the bottom of the basket of the air fryer, leaving enough room for the air to circulate.
Step 3. Air Fry the frozen taquitos at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked and golden brown.
Step 4. Carefully remove the taquitos from the basket and serve with your favorite sides and toppings.
Let taquitos cool to room temperature before storing. Once taquitos are cool store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. When you are ready to reheat simply return them back to the air fryer and cook at 360 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy again.
Tips For Making Frozen Taquitos In The Air Fryer
- Do not overfill your air fryer basket. Overfilling your air fryer basket will result in beans that aren’t cooked thoroughly.
- About halfway through the cooking time, shake the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking.
- Because taquitos come in different sizes and thicknesses they all cook differently, you may need to adjust cooking times.
- If making a lot of taquitos, you will need to cook them in batches to allow for proper airflow in the air fryer
What To Serve/Pair With Air Fryer Taquitos
Looking for more air fryer finger foods? Check these out!
Frozen Air Fryer Taquitos FAQs
Do taquitos need to be thawed before air frying?
No, taquitos in the air fryer should be cooked from frozen. Cooking thawed taquitos will result in them being unevenly cooked.
Does it matter what kind of taquitos I use?
No. Use whatever brand or flavor that you prefer. Keep in mind that taquitos come in different sizes so you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly.
Can I use my oven instead of the air fryer for this recipe?
Yes! You can bake the taquitos too! Just cook them at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. For the last few minutes, keep a close eye on the chicken or beef taquitos – they may be done quicker than you think they are!
Are frozen taquitos precooked before packaging?
Yes, frozen taquitos are usually cooked and then packaged to be frozen. This is to keep the food’s components and flavors intact. While they are precooked, it is still very important to make sure they are heated fully before eating.
Can I freeze leftover taquitos?
No. Leftover taquitos do not freeze well. If you need to store any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
Yes, preheating your air fryer allows the basket to get hot evenly before putting food in to be cooked.
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! I love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
- 16 taquitos frozen
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil if needed.
- Place the frozen taquitos in a single layer into the bottom of the basket of the air fryer, leaving enough room for the air to circulate.
- Air Fry the frozen taquitos at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Carefully remove the taquitos from the basket and serve with your favorite sides and toppings.
Leave a Reply