Are you as ready as we are for the new Avenger’s movie? Or are you looking for a cute Captain America Birthday party idea? These Captain America Shield Cookies are sure to get your party started! Not only are they cute, but they are rather simple to make.
I don’t know about you, but we are all about cookies when it comes to holidays and parties. This past year we had some super cute Five Nights at Freddy’s cookies, and this May we will be having an Avengers birthday party. Well you can’y have an Avengers Birthday Party without having some super cute Captain America Shield Cookies like these.
Captain America Shield Cookies
What do you think of when you think of Iron Man? Well other than Robert Downey Jr. with all of his cute and sarcastic remarks. When I think of Iron Man, I think of that mask. And with Thor, I think of the hammer (and maybe Chris Helmsworth with both eyes and long hair.) But with Captain America, I definitely think of the shield.
We had a super cute birthday party a few years ago when the first Captain America film came out and it was so much fun. The party was for Drew, our youngest boy, and he was so excited. This year we are going to do an Avenger’s party, and these Captain America Shield cookies will be front and center.
Easy Captain America Shield Cookies
What do I love the most about these Captain America Shield Cookies? They are E A S Y. With this simple recipe, you won’t have to spend hours and hours baking and cooking and decorating. You will be done with these before you know it.
Captain America Birthday Party Ideas
There are so many fun ideas you can do for an Avenger’s or a Captain America birthday party, but these Shield Cookies should definitely be at the top of the list. I promise that all of the Captain America fans will be ready to gobble these up.
- 12 pre-made sugar cookies (shape of a large circle, about 3 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups red candy melts
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Store-bought white cake fondant (about 6-8 oz.)
- Store-bought blue cake fondant (about 3-4 oz.)
- 3 circular cookie cutters (2 inch in diameter, 1.5 inch in diameter, and another 0.5 inch in diameter)
- Small star cookie cutter
- Vanilla buttercream
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Microwave your candy and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a fork, dip each sugar cookie into the melted candy and set carefully on lined baking sheet. Allow to set in the refrigerator for about one hour.
- Dust a clean working surface with cornstarch and start rolling out your fondant. Cut your white fondant with the largest cookie cutter and then using the 1.5 inch cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of it.
- Using your smallest circular cookie cutter, cut out blue fondant circles. Cut star shapes from the white fondant and use buttercream to “glue” it onto your blue fondant circles.
- Once the coated cookies are set, remove them fridge and start assembling. Using your buttercream as the “glue,” place your large white circle, then the blue one (with the star). Enjoy!