Valentine Cake Pops are a super cute and fun dessert to share with your favorite Valentine. They also make the perfect Valentine gift! There really are not a lot of things you need for this tutorial, just a great cake recipe, some chocolate candy melts, and an oven!
These cake pops were super easy and fun to make. You on;y need to have a cake mix, cake pop tray, candy, and melting chocolates for decorating.
In this tutorial, I used a tray, but they now have a heart-shaped cake mold that will be just as cute.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Heart Shaped Cake Pops
Step 1: Grab your favorite cake recipe and get everything mixed and ready.
Step 2: Once your mix is ready, place small scoops into the heart-shaped baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray and sprinkled with a little flour.
Step 3: Cover your tray with the top and bake for 10 minutes. I found this was the perfect amount of time for these little hearts!
Step 4: Once finished, open up the tray and pop them out on a sheet of wax paper or a cooling rack. Take the popsicle (eat-a-pop) sticks, dip them in chocolate, and allow to cool.
Step 5: Once cooled, cover in chocolate and decorate as desired.
Such a cute and fun project, and now little Addy can have her cake and “eat a pops”, too! Ok, that was cheesy… I did find that one cake mix would make about 60 heart-shaped cake pops, so you will have plenty to share!
Perfect for all of her friends in the classroom.
We had so much fun making these. I love making fun desserts with the kiddos, and they love to help “taste test” to make sure they are perfect. We coated our “eat-a-pops” in chocolate and sprinkles, (and we coated half of the kitchen in the same).
I hope you have fun like we did making cute Valentine’s desserts, and make sure to give these Chocolate Covered Heart Shaped Cake Pops a try.
If you enjoyed this cute Valentine dessert, you might also enjoy:
- Valentine Cake Balls Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hearts
- Chocolate Covered Heart Pops
- Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Strawberry Bars
Valentine Cake Pops
- 1 cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- candy melts
- candy coverings
- Use a classic vanilla or your favorite flavored cake mix and mix per the instructions on the box.
- Pour cake mixture into the cake pop mold. Cover with top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow tray to safely cool. Remove Heart cakes and take melting chocolate to insert popsicle sticks.
- Cover cake pops with chocolate and your favorite candy coatings.
- One cake mix should yield about 60 cake pops.
- I like to use Wilton candy melts to coat these cake pops and different candies to coat them.
- Perfect for a Valentine classroom treat.